Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why doesnt mitsubishi advertise the EvoVIII like it does the Outlander

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2002, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why doesnt mitsubishi advertise the EvoVIII like it does the Outlander

Well heres something to think about, there making such a big deal on there website about the outlander, why dont they do this kind of marketing right now for the EvoVIII? wouldent you think they would sell more if they were to advertise the EvoVIII on there website?
Old Sep 27, 2002, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Actually...the kind of money the Outlander will bring them will be a lot more than the money the Evo VIII will bring them...
You have to look at it on a money making stand point....at this moment the avergae joe has no clue what an Evo is nor does he want or need one....Now with the SUV craze...it makes sense for them to focus on marketing this car...
Old Sep 27, 2002, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Adding To What Phab Said... It's The Same With Subaru, Why Dont They Advertise The Wrx Sti... Mitsubishi Wants This Car To Be Shut For Now Until January Or Earlier. They Dont Want The Competition (Subaru) To Know That When The Evo Comes Out Subaru Will Have To Go Back To The Drawing Board.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 08:10 AM

The 3000GT was the same way I believe. I remember the dueling banjos commercial with the Eclipse and VR-4 sliding around on damp tarmac, but remember absolutely nothing after that. It's like the model disappeared off the face of the planet, but Mitsu still had it in their line-up for another 4-5 years.

Rather strange. I agree with what Phab says.. these types of cars must be such low-volume sales prospects that its not even worth it to spend the money on commercial time for the amount of increased sales it would bring. Though if no one but enthusiasts know about a product at its launch, they can't much expect it to sell.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope doesn't advertise. If supply can't meet demand then it will be a car for rich posers instead of the skilled enthusiast.

http://maxryan.com
ftp://maxryan.com
Old Sep 27, 2002, 09:31 AM

The Evo VIII is such a popular car there is no need to spend any money in advertising. I bet you don't see anyone putting deposits down on an Outlander. Mitsu knows the type of people that buy the Evo, so its easy for them to sell the car. You won't see too many Evo VIII sitting on the lot that first year it comes out.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

is like when was the last time you see a real corvette commercial...other than like the summer clearance that included the corvette
Old Sep 28, 2002, 12:53 PM

I just read in the nov sport compact car that is giving some production support to the fast and furious 2. the mag claims the may give em some evo VIIs. I really hope not cuz then the dealers will really be jacking up the VIIIs price.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

honda were used in the F&F and the dealers didnt jack up the price on that, infact I came really close on buying a S2000 for $4000 under sticker
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gofast4u
The Evo VIII is such a popular car there is no need to spend any money in advertising. I bet you don't see anyone putting deposits down on an Outlander. Mitsu knows the type of people that buy the Evo, so its easy for them to sell the car. You won't see too many Evo VIII sitting on the lot that first year it comes out.
agreed
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Regarding the EVO, those who get it, get it.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Are you talking about TV ads? Nissan doesn't advertise the 350Z. Subaru doesn't advertise the STi. BMW doesn't advertise the M3 and M5. These are niche cars. The car companies are much better spending their advertising on mass market cars. If you are pre-disposed to purchase an EVO, STi, 350Z, M3, etc., you already know about the car.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

wowy zowy....ooollllddd thread.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

i dung know....... maybe they feel the EVO doesn't need advertisement.

i've wondered the same thing many a times.

after watching those Subaru commercials with their STI fishtailing thru the dirt, it just makes me feel the damn Japanese people who designed this thing are that much more confident with its workings.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I never saw the STi ad.

This IS an old thread. Original post in Sept. 2002. When did Mitsu first start selling EVOs in the USA???

Quick Reply: Why doesnt mitsubishi advertise the EvoVIII like it does the Outlander