Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution Weight Label Recall | [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2004, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine today too, but they aren't getting my keys, they can replace the sticker under my supervision or not at all.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was getting excited when I saw the recall letter. I opened and find out that its all about a sticker. I thought it was a recall on the paint.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 04:05 AM

Got my recall letter yesterday right after an oil change...

I was at my dealership yesterday getting an oil change and a tire rotation, they never said anything about any recalls for the Evo. Yet, I get home, and there is a recall notice sitting in my mailbox. WTF?

I'm suspecting my dealership is not up-to-snuff. I walked around back to check out my car on the lift and I noticed the 17-year-old idiot mechanic hadn't raised the pads on the lift, so the side skirts were being crushed by the lift while it was up in the air. I saw it, freaked out, told him to put the F'in thing down RIGHT NOW and fix it before I fixed him!

This is First Team Mitsubishi in Chesapeake, VA, if anyone knows anything else about their treatment of Evo owners, send me a PM or an e-mail.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by showard232
I think this is a very phoney attempt at having one return to the "dealer" to have this sticker applied; granted it may be a cover-your-*** by Mitsu so that they won't be sued in their moment of peril, but I think it reeks of duplicity to have you return to the dealer so they can see what mods you have done to your car so they can void your warranty sooner and avoid paying any monies at this time because of their fragile monetary situation. If I ever sell the car I'll just give the 2 TSB's to the new owner and let them sweat it. ( I didn't go back for the first one either; do not trust this car company)
Damn, cut them some slack...they made a blantent regulatory error and just want to be sure that the sticker actually gets applied to the car. What else could they do? Hand out the stickers and "hope" they get applied...come on.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

I just received the letter from Mits. Great. A recall for a sticker. Maybe this sticker will add another 50+ hp to my car.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Seems like every Evo owners got the sticker recall. I just got mine yesterday, hopefully I can get the sticker and do it myself, I don't want the dealer do it. I don't trust them.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BushBurninEvo
I was getting excited when I saw the recall letter. I opened and find out that its all about a sticker. I thought it was a recall on the paint.

I thought the exact same thing. I have so many chips next to my driver side rear door now!

Got my sticker recall today. Probably get it replaced the next time I'm in for service.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
I thought the exact same thing. I have so many chips next to my driver side rear door now!

Got my sticker recall today. Probably get it replaced the next time I'm in for service.
How has the process worked for those that have gotten the sticker replaced? I called the dealer and was told that this would be the process:

a) I take the car in for them to "inspect" and verify that indeed I have the old sticker.
b) They order the stickers specific to my car
c) When the stickers arrive, I go back to the dealer and they apply the new stickers.

I mean, come on, two trips to the dealer for some lousy stickers? Is there a statute of limitations on when I can get this work done? I don't care how much they inspect my car, it's completely stock, but it's annoying to say the least that they would put me through this for something so trivial.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

My letter says to call in, and they will order it. The dealer will notify me via phone when it has arrived, and I will need to drive in to install it.

Nothing about a car inspection.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 01:59 PM

haven't received anything from Mitsu yet, will keep checking the mail, probably a bunch of bull**** anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Just got mine in today, is there a consensus as to what to do yet? Evo's with mods gone in yet?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I'd like to see a dealer void a blatant recall of a weight STICKER because someone put an aftermarket intake or anything on their car
Old Jun 22, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Got mine today also. I also have the bad paint problem on my drivers side in the front of the back fender well. Was really hoping this was the recall to fix it. Touch up paint can only go so far. Actually both my Evo's have had this same paint problem.

If you are indeed reading this help us out with this obvious paint problem with our cars please.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Just got mine ni the mail today
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Got mine in the mail last night.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution Weight Label Recall | [ALL THREADS MERGED]