Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. But he was in the emergency lane and i was 3 or 4 lanes over in the fast lane and there was moderate traffic. So i do not see how he was gonna single me out when there was plenty of interference. No disrespect to cops but this was the last day of the month and i had out of state tags. I would say this was an "easy quota" ticket for him.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

That ticket would cost you about $270 here in socal........
Old Jun 28, 2004, 07:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
worst part is that it takes them 10 days to register the ticket.

80mph on 75 South is normal. Everyone does it. It's ridiculous...

I hate tickets... Not that I ever speed like a crazy person anyway. I was following the flow of the traffic, which was average at 90mph, since that loon was going 11omph...

I'll probably pay for it... I'll try to goto the court for it tho and do the whole "guilty with explanation you honor." thing.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 09:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by BuLocal
That ticket would cost you about $270 here in socal........
Yeah, I paid $279 for that in CA. Some states "donate" ticket money to different foundations (usually cancer treatment/research) and the fines are ridiculous. I know MA does this with Mass Pike tickets, and I'm not sure about CT, but their fines are similarly outrageous. Then again...if you want to break the law, expect to have to pay for it. Speeding can be a very expensive/dangerous habit.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

You can't rationalize speeding by saying everyone is doing it. Not if you want a judge to listen to you. Better come up with something better. Like if you have a clean driving record, that'll help. Also attacking the radar itself won't work, but you can go after the operator and his method. For instance, if he's using that threshold warning while standing outside the car, there's a good chance you can get off by virtue of how that system works. But if you're going to do that, you should really have a lawyer, unless you're pretty familiar with radar technology.