Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: My question is should I keep the S2000 and fabricate a rollbar or buy an EvoVIII?
Keep S2000 and fabricate a rollbar
21.43%
Trade on for an EvoVIII
78.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Honda S2000, Keep or replace with an EvoVIII

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2002, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smanders, carytown isn't far from me at all. we could meet up around there. that would be real fun. I bought my evo in the US. I will tell you more face to face. my evo is out of service for about a week or two. maybe we can catch up sometime end of october or early november. I'm replacing my clutch, also rebuilding my tranny! and more suprises too! hehe
Old Oct 4, 2002, 08:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get rid of the Honda and get an EVO VIII.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:37 PM
In Timeout

UMMMM baaaawt..... get rid of sucha beautiful car fer an expensive lancer ... uh uh... not worth it... some Hondas are worth keeping... seriously!!!!! but if u could get the Evo 7.... go for that!
Old Oct 24, 2002, 11:39 AM

I too am wrestling with the same problem - I have an S2000 now and am woundering about an Evo.
I have two main reasons -
1) I live in norhtern Canada and only get to drive my S2000 for 7 maybe 8 months a year due to snow / ice on roads.
2) my brother has a Suby Impreza 2.5RS with an Sti motor - straight pipes - intercooler sprayer - etc - etc. - AND I want to kick his a** on gravel!

But driving the S with the top down in the summer is hard to beat.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

hey smanders....how much would u be plannin on sellin your ride for?? cuz im lookin for an S2k (but for mid next year)
Old Oct 24, 2002, 05:20 PM

o ****.. that's one tight *** car man!!!! but you dont forget, EVO is a muthaf*ckin tight *** car too.... so... its really a hard decision but come to think of it....

both cars kick *** when it comes to speed (definitely!!!)

both cars attract women.. well maybe s2k attracts women more but only a slight lead...

but you can use the EVO for the track unlike the s2k....

so its mainly about choosing more girls or more races...but just as i said earlier, EVO's are pimpin cars man!!!!!
i'd choose the EVO if i were you.... but still, can you just keep that car and sell your pathfinder instead???
Old Oct 24, 2002, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm still going back and forth on a daily basis. I really won't KNOW until I test drive one. I am really trying to pay attention to all the things I love about the s2k. So when I do test drive one, I can take special notice.

Girls really are not an issue, I'm married. However my wife is REALLY pissed that I may get rid on the s2k. She told me that she will not be seen in an EVO. She says it looks soooo ricey. Especially if it ends up with Altezza lights. She thinks I'll look like the local HS kid with the foot tall wing on his Civic. 99.9999% of people will not notice or appriciate an EVO when they see one. Similar to M3s and S4s. That really doesn't bother me. I just like 'em fast. I must say though that I'm not fond of the wing myself or the fact that its a compact four door. I am however VERY fond of the performance and the complete dynamics of the car. I want a FAST car for the track. That's really all there is to it and the EVO is by far the most performance for the money ON ROAD COURSES, NOT THE DRAG STRIP (what a waste of an EVO). Anyway I cannot get the EVO out of my head so until them, I'm having fun with the s2k.

I would love to sell the pathfinder and keep the s2k. My wife is trying to convince me of that so that she can have the s2k. The only problem is that taking a car to track events is not cheap and keeping the s2k would take a lot of money that would prevent me from enjoying my EVO. Not going to track events would make my wife happy but not me. I think that's a contributing factor for her to want to keep the s2k. Anyway who knows. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

smanders, my bad about not getting in touch with you. my evo is still being worked on. my friend is very slow, but he's not charging me so thats good! should be ready by early Nov. so if you still want to come up to richmond, you are more than welcome to
Old Oct 24, 2002, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

you will probably be able to get an Evo without the wing - if that helps any

I am in a similar boat.... the lease on my outback is up in a few months, and I was going to replace it with an Evo and keep the Evo and my rx7. but, having two cars that are expensive to ensure, and even more expensive to mod it probably a bad thing... or a good thing.. lol
Old Oct 27, 2002, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

its about 4 AM here and i just got home from looking at a buddies new S2000 that he traded his tahoe for, it kinda makes me sad that hes 18 and he has such a tight car. but the thing is awsome. i didnt get to go for a ride cuz we've been drinking but its not broken in yet, about 200 more miles. i cant wait to go smash people in it.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I'd wait until they've released the final specs on the American Evo-8 before trading the S-2000 off. If you're looking for a race car, you may want to wait and look at the US spec Subaru STI (AH! Don't throw things!!!) I'm hearing some nasty rumors as to what the Evo 8 is actually going to be putting out in terms of power, and Subaru has already issued a press release saying that when the STi gets here, they're gonna make sure it one-ups the Evo.

Of course, then you'll have earned the ire of everyone on this forum!
Old Oct 29, 2002, 12:05 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Tuxedo Cartman
I'm hearing some nasty rumors as to what the Evo 8 is actually going to be putting out in terms of power, and Subaru has already issued a press release saying that when the STi gets here, they're gonna make sure it one-ups the Evo.
And where is this press release that you speak of?
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

I think I first saw it in Car and Driver. I'm not sure. But here it is, anyway.....

Anyways, some interesting interview comments from the STi president:

- STi (Subaru Technica International) is Subaru's racing arm. It is responsible for running the factory World Rally Championship team. It also makes and markets performance parts and special-edition cars in Japan only. But according to STi President Masaru Katsurada, that will soon change.

- "I feel that STi should go international. The time is right for us now because of the success of the WRX. I want to have a presence in Europe and the U.S.," he said.

- So what's keeping him? Katsurada wouldn't say at first, but when the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII was mentioned, a car headed our way next spring, he instantly became more animated.

- "In whatever shape or form the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII comes in, we'll be prepared to counter it. So yes, you can assume that we're saving the STi brand for that chore. And I'm sure Mitsubishi is already prepared to counter our STi effort. It's a chess match between them and us in Japan currently, and the case will be no different in the States," he said.

Source - R&T website

I love Evo's, so I'm not exactly cheering for the Scooby team. But you gotta admit, competition will only improve both these bad-boys! Maybe in the next five years, people will have forgotten about Mustang vs. Camaro.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 07:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by Tuxedo Cartman
Maybe in the next five years, people will have forgotten about Mustang vs. Camaro.
that should be pretty easy, since the camaro's a dead car

-bd

(yeah yeah, i know it will live on with its current owners)
Old Jan 3, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

I had the same dilemma when it came to trading the S2K. If you are primarily concerned with track stuff, I'd say get the Evo and have at it. I really wish I could have had both... Maybe one day. Here's my long-lost baby (now being driven by some college chick in Cali...):
Attached Thumbnails Honda S2000, Keep or replace with an EvoVIII-s2000_opendoors.jpg  

Quick Reply: Honda S2000, Keep or replace with an EvoVIII