Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Preventative maintenance parts list...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g6civcx
Take it easy on the guy. He's careful enough to find out what's going on with the car before getting it. That's more than what most people who own the car cares to do.

I just hate to see another punk kid go racing off in the car and break something. Then come back and get screwy with the warranty. Or worse, he can go off and wreck it and kill somebody and raise insurance rates for everybody.

Everything I have said was 100% kosher. Yes, the motor is supposed to come pre-broken-in. Yes, you can get away with gunning it off the showroom floor. You can do a lot of things and still get away with it.

But that wasn't what he was asking. He wants to know what's best for the car. If you want to treat your car however you want, that's your business. If you have nothing positive to contribute, back off!

ED4, can you leave me some Sales Rating feedback?

Cheers
Their not pre-broken in.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
a motor is anything that imparts motion. electric motors produce motion with em coils. gas powered motors create power by converting chemical energy found in gasoline into mechanical power.

motor could also be interepretted as powerplant, which is anything that converts one form of energy into another. which still holds for the two above definitions. (electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion/energy and same goes for gas powered)

an engine is also the same thing, that's why you can have a steam engine and an internal combustion engine.

and most likely you will recieve the metal constructed bov with the mr, which probably will be a strong unit, no worries there. your breakin procedure looks exactly like something i read online, heh no surprise, i'll be semi doing the same thing, but i can't wait as long as you. the weightless white comes this week :].
Old Jul 4, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Burritos"
Old Jul 6, 2004, 08:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by trinydex
a motor is anything that imparts motion. electric motors produce motion with em coils. gas powered motors create power by converting chemical energy found in gasoline into mechanical power.

motor could also be interepretted as powerplant, which is anything that converts one form of energy into another. which still holds for the two above definitions. (electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion/energy and same goes for gas powered)

an engine is also the same thing, that's why you can have a steam engine and an internal combustion engine.

and most likely you will recieve the metal constructed bov with the mr, which probably will be a strong unit, no worries there. your breakin procedure looks exactly like something i read online, heh no surprise, i'll be semi doing the same thing, but i can't wait as long as you. the weightless white comes this week :].
That HAS to be my favorite thing about Forums. You have a guy who tries to sound all smart and misspellssses a word like interpereted.....
Old Jul 7, 2004, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
huh... that's funny, i actually try to proof read most of the time, but i guess i was too hopped up about the other person trying to sound smart.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

I can see MIT voiding warranty on the MR already.