Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

another wrecked evo? maybe....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2004, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
another wrecked evo? maybe....

Today about 3am in the morning after heavy rain, my brother lost control of his car (i was allready sleeping (still not sure what happened) (he is still sleeping) and went over the curb and hit some fence, what i can see - all 4 tires are ok, even rims left drivers feneder is smashed iam not sure about front drivers lower control arms or axle, because even steering wheel is not streight that explains why and rear left wheel sits on 5-10 degree angle - (all because from the curb) - now i think the best way would be take all aftermarket parts from the car and let the insurance guy to look at it if there is no frame damage, i dont think so but who knows would you wait for the isurance guy to see it first and say, yah the car is totalled and then swap the parts back to stock??? (first he is ok thats counts but second iam mad at him because i cant belive what happened - 2 weeks ago he did ACT 2600 clutch with SS clutch line and lower intercooler pipe if the car would go bye bye, $1300 up the *** ( i see some accident pictures on this forum. people crashes their evo's - and i think most accidents are on wet surface because some people think AWD is the shi*t not true - be carefull (sorry for a long post )

also i like his color since i got silver and he has blue i coulnt even fall assleep not thinking about it like its a dream or something and i want to wake up now we were changing the cars before like damn socks (now we found our toys) DAMN!

i will post some pictures later

Last edited by tweakdsm; Jul 4, 2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear about that... yeah i know what youmean about people thinking awd promises you won't spin out or lose control... i always tell my friend that who has his wrx.. thank got he hasnt' got in a wreck yet.. but he thinks in the rain cause he has potenza s03 and awd that they car will never go off line.. but oh well.. sorry about it... but about the parts... idk what stuff you have that would really be bad for insurance... but hey.. good luck with everything... i hope things work out for you man... post some pics and a mod list
Old Jul 4, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

=/
Old Jul 4, 2004, 04:59 PM

Youch....glad everyone is ok.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 05:17 PM

Have you ever heard pf punctuation marks? Sucks for your brother though.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

well insurance guy will come out today.... pf punctuation marks? whats that?
Old Jul 5, 2004, 07:08 AM
o2

he's talking about your post. big run-on sentence.
anyway sorry to hear about it.

pf=of? typo i think
Old Jul 5, 2004, 09:52 AM

well my car was totaled the day after i put my helix downpipe and test pipe. the junkjard wouln't let me take it off so i blew $400 right there and another 400 something for my helix catback that i was waiting for. if anyone wants it $475 that includes shipping.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yaah, what w8tless1 one said, if they total it they won't give you the time or place to remove your aftermarket parts.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 11:11 AM

to tell you the truth if i was a good mechanic i would go to the junkyard and strip what i need while the hillbilly owner is bangin his cousin. it sucks losing 400+ dollars let alone if you put thousands. good luck good thing he's ok right?
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

well, i got allready tt timer, safc, profecb2 ebc, bov, intake, and today i will take the whole hks exhaust off and put stock one on, and lower intercooler pipe, the only part on the car that would be left off are tein-s springs and act2600 clutch...... (we are still unsure if the car would get totalled) but this is just in case....
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Pics

Do you have any pictures?
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

I smashed mine up about a month ago. Hydroplaned and hit a truck head on while I was on Falken Azenis. We were both going about 40mph, so i basically hit a wall going 80. I was in the hospital for about 8 or 9 hours getting fixed up. To make a very long and painful story short, I just got a used red evo last week with only 1600 miles on it for $25K. I know how you feel though. Insurance let me spend a day taking parts off my car. I got everything I could out but left stuff that was too hard to remove like brake lines (wheels were stuck on the car) and the smashed up downpipe. They told me I had to replace all my mods with the stock parts. So i threw the stock muffler in the trunk and called it a day. Lost my Evo 7 tails and lot of other mods in the accident.

Just keep your chin up, everything will be ok. If your evo is a total loss you can find another one. I thought all hope was lost....but it wasnt.

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modul...view_album.php

Last edited by Coolguy949; Jul 6, 2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

even if totalled.. you have the right to remove the upgraded stuff if the insurance wont give u money for it to compensate for it... most insurance companies wont insure ur aftermarket things which means u go there and strip um off....

or maybe the insurance company will let u buy the junked car back...
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:34 AM
slt
Evolved Member

I did nearly the same thing. Coming home on a rainy night, the rear end came around and I hit the curb hard with both passenger side wheels. I broke the rear knuckle and bent a few of the controll arms. No body damage though. Even so, the bill came to $3500.