Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Post Here If You Warranty Claim Has Been Denied

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2004, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i didn't have my warrenty denied... but they did discourage me from taking my car to them...

when my stock clutch was slipping even slightly... i brought it to them... then they tell me... "we can drop the tranny, but if we find any signs of racing, you will have to pay for it"... 1300 bux just to LOOK at it, then another couple hundred for the parts, and another couple hundred for the install... i went to a private shop to install a brand new clutch...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Please don't give people brake advice. If you think going to drilled units is going to make them LAST LONGER you are insane.

Not to mention they can crack on you, and make you have a very bad day.
http://corner-carvers.com/altimathread.php.html

Don't say anything about releasing gas from the pad, etc etc until you read that thread in detail.

john
I'm putting slotted & drilled rotors and semi-metallic the 1st day I take my MR off the lot.

I have had same-size-as-stock drilled and slotted rotors on my 3000GT front ($500/pair plus pads) and rear ($500/pair plus pads) since 1993 with 70% semi-metallic pads. I just got the the fronts replaced a couple of months ago just so I will have new pads and rotors to match cause the car hit 100,000 Miles.

I have only replaced the rear 70% semi-metallic pads once. It is riding on stock Supra pads (friend back in MD worked at Toyota so he replaced for free) which need to be replaced soon. The front pads has been changed 3 times so far. This means they had around 40,000 to 45,000 life spin for me.

Before I had the stock rotors and pads for about 10k to 15K miles but it would keep warping on me.

I have had 11 years experience with Slotted and Drilled rotors and I will not own another car without them. Your experience with them may be different depanding on the way you drive (even though I brake late on the street) but it solved my warping brakes.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 06:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
This is completely OT...
Originally Posted by fearcazic
I'm putting slotted & drilled rotors and semi-metallic the 1st day I take my MR off the lot.

I have had same-size-as-stock drilled and slotted rotors on my 3000GT front ($500/pair plus pads) and rear ($500/pair plus pads) since 1993 with 70% semi-metallic pads. I just got the the fronts replaced a couple of months ago just so I will have new pads and rotors to match cause the car hit 100,000 Miles.

I have only replaced the rear 70% semi-metallic pads once. It is riding on stock Supra pads (friend back in MD worked at Toyota so he replaced for free) which need to be replaced soon. The front pads has been changed 3 times so far. This means they had around 40,000 to 45,000 life spin for me.

Before I had the stock rotors and pads for about 10k to 15K miles but it would keep warping on me.

I have had 11 years experience with Slotted and Drilled rotors and I will not own another car without them. Your experience with them may be different depanding on the way you drive (even though I brake late on the street) but it solved my warping brakes.
You don't think the people at Mitsubishi will put decent brake rotors on the MR?

None of your experience proves anything about slotted/drilled rotors. At best it proves the stock rotors weren't very good. Maybe they were not broken in properly (many people overlook this part of break-in). A similar "same size as stock" rotor might have outlasted your bling rotors.

You 'brake late on the street'? Save it for the track... what are you trying to prove?

Changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff is stupid.. you should at least see whether the MR's rotors work fine first. Of course if all you use the car for is commuting and "late braking" on the street you might never see problems, but that doesn't make them a good idea. There's not going to be anything wrong with properly made solid ones.

john
Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

A common misperception on the Evo -

Mistaking brake pad deposit as rotor warping. People need to read and research for themselves before jumping on the bandwagon.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zstryder

Mistaking brake pad deposit as rotor warping. People need to read and research for themselves before jumping on the bandwagon.
Very true...a lot of people make that mistake...but I know 100% for sure...it's the rotors...I checked everything out myself...used to be a mechanic!
Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by zstryder

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...otors_myth.htm
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Note the sticky at the top of the page
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

My tires appear worn so they wouldnt cover a synchro problem.
I can honestly say I hate ****ing dealerships.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brakes for the 3rd time. I gave up on Mitsushi t. I get a grind switching from 3rd to 4th gear on high high rpm however i wont get it if i fully pressed my clutch which i dont from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dragon41673
Very true...a lot of people make that mistake...but I know 100% for sure...it's the rotors...I checked everything out myself...used to be a mechanic!
It's the my rotors. I am sure too. You can tell easily
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:26 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Please don't give people brake advice. If you think going to drilled units is going to make them LAST LONGER you are insane.

Not to mention they can crack on you, and make you have a very bad day.
http://corner-carvers.com/altimathread.php.html

Don't say anything about releasing gas from the pad, etc etc until you read that thread in detail.

john
Thanks for giving me advice about giving advice. I was just saying if you're gonna keep paying for rotors, might as well get some slotted/drilled ones. wasn't trying to give performance advice or start a huge debate about which rotors are better, just saying buy something better, as stock parts are usually more expensive than aftermarket ones.....
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by expl0d
My tires appear worn so they wouldnt cover a synchro problem.
I can honestly say I hate ****ing dealerships.
that's f'd up, "your tires are too worn, you must be abusing the car"? LAME
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Man like 5 complaints....are the issues you guys are having with warranty work that much smaller in numbers then what I've seen on this site?
Old Jul 8, 2004, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

my car has 11.5k miles on it.... i got it aligned under warranty and they did the recalls..... also my right headlight won't adjust up or down (not that I really give a ****, but since it was there), so they ordered me a new one.

no questions asked about anything. Nice courteous experience!

My car is stock....

I am not sure why people would leave a MBC on their car to take it to the dealer??? Duh.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Scot
my car has 11.5k miles on it.... i got it aligned under warranty and they did the recalls..... also my right headlight won't adjust up or down (not that I really give a ****, but since it was there), so they ordered me a new one.

no questions asked about anything. Nice courteous experience!

My car is stock....

I am not sure why people would leave a MBC on their car to take it to the dealer??? Duh.
you got an alignment under warranty? Nice!

Quick Reply: Post Here If You Warranty Claim Has Been Denied