Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Post Here If You Warranty Claim Has Been Denied

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Here If You Warranty Claim Has Been Denied

Hello
If this is a repost, please delete. Anyone who has had any warranty claims denied, please post a short description of the problem and reason for denial. Please don't post in this thread "Gee, that's messed up" or "We have to do something about this" I want to see exactly who and how many people have been denied service by mitsubishi any why.
It seems like there is a perception that MMC is doing this to a lot of people, I would like to see how many.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Rotors for the 3rd time...say I'm beating the hell out of my car which I don't do.

I'm going to be taking her into service to have the 2nd gear grind fixed (I hope) and have the 5th gear grind taken care of (they should since there is a TSB out on it). Also having my weight sticker replaced due to recall....so we will see.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

TSB on what 2nd or 5th? Let me know if you have the number since Ive been screwing with them on 2nd gear for months.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:48 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Dragon41673
Rotors for the 3rd time...say I'm beating the hell out of my car which I don't do.

I'm going to be taking her into service to have the 2nd gear grind fixed (I hope) and have the 5th gear grind taken care of (they should since there is a TSB out on it). Also having my weight sticker replaced due to recall....so we will see.
you keep paying for the stock rotors? Probably time to get some drilled units....
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
TSB on what 2nd or 5th? Let me know if you have the number since Ive been screwing with them on 2nd gear for months.
I personaly don't have the TSB on the 5th gear grind...but I do know for a fact it's out there. If you ask Fireball on this board he might have it.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboMaestro
you keep paying for the stock rotors? Probably time to get some drilled units....
LOL naaaa....not praying for stock ones. I want/need the Rotora Slotted ones...just don't have the $$$$ to get them right now and my rotors are F'd up! Not too worried about that at the moment as I am about the trans. I get by with how they are by doing a basic prep on them...heat them up really good and then let them cool off before going out. Seems to take away some of the vibration I have...but not all of it. I know they are screwed and it's only a matter of time before I have to bite the bullett and buy new ones...but I am saving up for rotors and pads at the same time. I'm not one to do things in a half @$$ed way ya know? I do it right...or don't do it at all.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:32 AM

I had my warranty denied on my 5th gear synchros, due to having a MBC, Mitsu rep stated my entire drivetrain warranty is void because of that. I had to pay $2750 out of pocket for the dealer to fix my tranny. I am starting the arbitration proceedings as we speak. the TSB number is 0322001, but it is just for a new part for the 5th gear syncro and how to install it properly. That is what the dealer and Mitsu said at least.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:42 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Quicksilver II
I had my warranty denied on my 5th gear synchros, due to having a MBC, Mitsu rep stated my entire drivetrain warranty is void because of that. I had to pay $2750 out of pocket for the dealer to fix my tranny. I am starting the arbitration proceedings as we speak. the TSB number is 0322001, but it is just for a new part for the 5th gear syncro and how to install it properly. That is what the dealer and Mitsu said at least.
so basically you turning up your boost voided your warranty?
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:48 AM

MBC voided warranty, says Mitsu rep

TurboMaestro,

Here is the kicker, I had 34k on my Evo with the stock clutch. I boost was set to stock levels as well.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver II
Did you leave the MBC on then? Or did you tell them you had one one there?
Old Jul 6, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I don't care if he set the mbC to 24psi. 5th gear grind???? Did MIT think he drop from 6th or 8th gear or what. This is the stupid crap from MIT if you ask me.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 06:05 PM
Account Disabled

yeah sounds like an excuse to void a warranty to me.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 07:21 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I haven't had cause to use it yet. Hope it stays that way.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 08:53 PM
Account Disabled

hmmmmmmm very strange....all this perception of mitsubishi being total neaderthals about warranty issues, but only like two real posts....
Old Jul 8, 2004, 04:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboMaestro
Please don't give people brake advice. If you think going to drilled units is going to make them LAST LONGER you are insane.

Not to mention they can crack on you, and make you have a very bad day.
http://corner-carvers.com/altimathread.php.html

Don't say anything about releasing gas from the pad, etc etc until you read that thread in detail.

john

Quick Reply: Post Here If You Warranty Claim Has Been Denied