Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Coincidence or not, you decide.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2004, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coincidence or not, you decide.

Two days ago while I was backing out of the garage, my uncle noticed my rear wheel tire on the right side going flat. So today he repairs the hole left from the stupid nail and he notices the left front tire going flat. I smell something fishy here. Two identical nails puncturing almost two exact spots on both tires? Maybe it could have been punctured during driving but I highly doubt it. I think some idiot purposely left two nails under my car a few days ago when I parked in the street. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Is it okay if I leave all 4 tires at 33psi?

Last edited by fullyloaded; Jul 6, 2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

sounds that way to me........ i never thought of doing this to someone wow some evil bastards....Edit: WOOT!!!! Post 400 thought i was never going to evolve hehe

Last edited by BaLListic_EVO; Jul 6, 2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 09:01 PM

I'm thinking some ******** did that on purpose. Lots of people do that around here in town, it pisses me off. If I ever catch anybody doing anything to my Evo, even looking at it funny, they're getting their *** handed to them.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

i think some jealous punks thought it was funny to flatten you evo's tires...but yeah what can ye do...we live in a crazy world
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

How did he repair it?

The best way to repair a flat is to dismount the tyre from the wheel and repair it from the inside. At that time, you check the belts for damage. And only certain types of damage can be repaired. Punctures on the sidewall are beyond repair.

Once you don't repair it properly, the tyre loses its speed rating. The structural integrity of the tread has been compromised. A cork on an economy tyre is okay; a half-*** repair job on a Z-rated tyre is asking for trouble.

If I were you, I'd take the tyre to a reputable tyre repair shop and have them look at it.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

well how would a nail left on the ground puncture the sidewall? lol

anywayz most shops wont repair it by dismounting the tires off the rim.. instead they deflate the air (which in this case is already done) and just plug it with a soft rubber "filler".... the small bump that is created is worn down within a day or two of highway driving....and unless you plan to do gumball3000.. the fix would be fine
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:30 PM

My uncle stuck a sticky brown stick in there with a mini T bar. It looks kind of like beef jerky.

-mifesto, the sidewall did not get punctured it was the middle part between the width that got punctured.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Les Schwab tires does it the right way by dismounting the tires, and they normally do it for free even if you didn't buy the tires there. They know what customer service is. Now if they only knew what low prices were.