Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate mitsubishi north america

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
Dude, just get some Meguiar's Quick Wax or buff it out. I had teh same problem with my paint, and it came right up...Good luck!!
Well I don't want to buff out my clearcoat....
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboMaestro
So I got my RS 1,000 miles ago, and the night I got it, I noticed a defect in the clear coat at night. It didn't look like it was buffed, had no swirl marks, it just looked VERY dull in one spot as big as a hand and a small fist sized spot above that, both right around the gas tank door. Took the car in to the dealer, they scheduled a look-see with a district rep, and today they told me they won't cover it because it is not noticable enough. Total BULL SHI.T! Everyone should beware, mitsubishi is NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO BUY A CAR FROM! If you are looking for a fast car that you can mod the hell out of, so be it, get the car, mod it, don't worry about a warranty. If you are looking for a good car for your kid, a car that you won't mod and plan to keep, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! I think I'm gonna go up to the dealership and call everyone out on the sales floor. They won't cover a paint defect because basically it's too expensive, that's kind of the feeling I got from the dealership's service manager. ONLY BUY A CAR FROM MITSUBISHI IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE IT! They void warranties, don't cover defects, and generally are not standing behind their products. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but to be treated like this is insane.
Why wait for 1k miles before taking it back to the dealer? You should have brought it in the dealer right away when you first noticed the defect. Goodluck.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

oh sorry, I got the EVO with 8 miles on it, at mile ten I took it back to them...had to wait for district rep to come into town (1000 miles)
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well I don't want to buff out my clearcoat....
1. it's not a basecoat/clearcoat paint scheme anyway. VERY few modern cars are in this age of powder-based eco friendly paints.

2. what do you really think would be the solution, just assuming for a second that MMNA decided to do something about your paint?

--that's right, they'd buff and polish. you aren't getting new paint sprayed no matter what, so forget about that idea.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

check it out, their solution is NOTHING! Good enough is the solution "Within tolerances"
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if its not too bad, just wax it. You'll just do worst by getting work done on it, most of the time...

you'll get more of that later on, especially if you got the RS, a track purpose built car.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by plokivos
if its not too bad, just wax it. You'll just do worst by getting work done on it, most of the time...

you'll get more of that later on, especially if you got the RS, a track purpose built car.
yeah it's just the idea of the thing, you know. "tough ****, we don't think it's really all that bad." FU mitsuishi!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like another dealer with what i call "warranty trigger finger"....ready to blast away an obvious warranty issue for any stupid reason.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Coolguy949
Sounds like another dealer with what i call "warranty trigger finger"....ready to blast away an obvious warranty issue for any stupid reason.
No no no, the District manager for MMC came and denied coverage for it!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

I guess you didn't do any research here on build quality and cust satisfaction with mitsu. If you did you'd find that this is quite tpical of this ****ty company. Sorry.
So I got my RS 1,000 miles ago, and the night I got it, I noticed a defect in the clear coat at night. It didn't look like it was buffed, had no swirl marks, it just looked VERY dull in one spot as big as a hand and a small fist sized spot above that, both right around the gas tank door. Took the car in to the dealer, they scheduled a look-see with a district rep, and today they told me they won't cover it because it is not noticable enough. Total BULL SHI.T! Everyone should beware, mitsubishi is NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO BUY A CAR FROM! If you are looking for a fast car that you can mod the hell out of, so be it, get the car, mod it, don't worry about a warranty. If you are looking for a good car for your kid, a car that you won't mod and plan to keep, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! I think I'm gonna go up to the dealership and call everyone out on the sales floor. They won't cover a paint defect because basically it's too expensive, that's kind of the feeling I got from the dealership's service manager. ONLY BUY A CAR FROM MITSUBISHI IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE IT! They void warranties, don't cover defects, and generally are not standing behind their products. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but to be treated like this is insane.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

That's ridiculous.......if only these people could realize the amount of business they are losing just from word of mouth. It works both ways. if they would have fixed your issue there's a chance you would have told a friend how nice they were to you and he'd possibly consider a mistu....
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ducaticorse
I guess you didn't do any research here on build quality and cust satisfaction with mitsu. If you did you'd find that this is quite tpical of this ****ty company. Sorry.
Guess you didn't do a search of my previous posts. Check out
http://www.forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=85945
I used to have a Talon, guess I should have learned my lesson....

Last edited by TurboMaestro; Jul 15, 2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:18 PM
Account Disabled

Mitsubishi can suck my azz

check the pics, hombres....it's more visibile than this, but it's hard to get a low lite picture...
Attached Thumbnails I hate mitsubishi north america-dvc00027.jpg  
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:19 PM
Account Disabled

click on the pic to enlarge
Attached Thumbnails I hate mitsubishi north america-dvc00025.jpg  
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

notice the nice gloss to the bottom flaw, the one that's about the size of a palm. It is MUCH darker in person
Attached Thumbnails I hate mitsubishi north america-image1.jpg