Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate mitsubishi north america

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm 100% with coolguy949. It's just shortsighted business practices to effectively tell people to 'deal' with obvious Mitsubishi errors. Hmmm, I wonder why Mitsubishi is having a tough time as a company. I'll happily watch them fail and continue to encourage others not to buy Mitsubishi if they are going to expect any sort of support after the initial purchase.

It's one thing to hear from a dealership that you purchased the car from that they aren't going to do anything to help you out. But a district level representative? My god, this company is dumber than even I thought. They have no idea how to practice business in a consumer's market.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 144mph
I'm 100% with coolguy949. It's just shortsighted business practices to effectively tell people to 'deal' with obvious Mitsubishi errors. Hmmm, I wonder why Mitsubishi is having a tough time as a company. I'll happily watch them fail and continue to encourage others not to buy Mitsubishi if they are going to expect any sort of support after the initial purchase.

It's one thing to hear from a dealership that you purchased the car from that they aren't going to do anything to help you out. But a district level representative? My god, this company is dumber than even I thought. They have no idea how to practice business in a consumer's market.
Yeah the dealership acted like they didn't get it either.....but I didn't buy the car from MMC north america, I bought it from the dealership....they should back me up because their product is faulty....
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh, I agree definately. You know, there's only so much *****ing we can do online before we realize that we're probably not going to change the way mitsubishi self destructs itself by failing to follow the sale and add value to their vehicles.

Our method of recourse should be the local dealerships. If we gripe enough to them they'll make Mitsubishi aware of our plight. Collectively, the dealerships are a much bigger voice than we are and should be able to influence the corporate practices.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:36 PM

Don't use wax, try a Polish first. Let it harden for a while before buffing it off. Then wax it. Of all of the cars I have owned, my Evo has got to have the worse paint for a new car I have ever had the displeasure of trying to detail. If polish/waxing doesn't do it, then you can try cutting it.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 144mph
oh, I agree definately. You know, there's only so much *****ing we can do online before we realize that we're probably not going to change the way mitsubishi self destructs itself by failing to follow the sale and add value to their vehicles.

Our method of recourse should be the local dealerships. If we gripe enough to them they'll make Mitsubishi aware of our plight. Collectively, the dealerships are a much bigger voice than we are and should be able to influence the corporate practices.
Well I agree, but I have a different perspective on the dealerships: They are the ones who sold us our cars, they are the ones who should stand behind them when MMC does not.....
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Buzzard
Don't use wax, try a Polish first. Let it harden for a while before buffing it off. Then wax it. Of all of the cars I have owned, my Evo has got to have the worse paint for a new car I have ever had the displeasure of trying to detail. If polish/waxing doesn't do it, then you can try cutting it.
I don't really know all that much about car paint man, I'll be honest. What can I do to NOT make my car's finish look like hell, as they do in some dealerships?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

i am in the same situation. before i ever took delivery, the clearcoat was coming off the cf wing. i have an iou from the dealer stating that it will be fixed. the district rep has been giving me the runaround for two weeks about doing it under warranty. the dealer has said they will ultimatly fix it if the rep screws me, but it is still mitsu BS. i knew going in i would mod my car and lose my coverage, but not for paint!
Old Jul 14, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

i got my clearcoat fixed under warranty. its law that the dealerships do not have to tell u anything that happen to the car under $900?

there was a stratch on mines before arrival and they fixed it. It wasn't good and started peeling so they fixed it again and now its perfect. took 1 day.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try taking it to Boulder Mitsubishi on 30th just north of Pearl in Boulder. That's where I bought my Evo and they're pretty good... Good Luck! That does look like a$$ in those pics though, that's definitely not right.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by oak2207
Try taking it to Boulder Mitsubishi on 30th just north of Pearl in Boulder. That's where I bought my Evo and they're pretty good... Good Luck! That does look like a$$ in those pics though, that's definitely not right.
yeah but the district manager of MMC said no....doesn't matter where I take it...
Old Jul 14, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ohhh, that really sucks then. Hmmm, maybe there's some way you can prove it's not normal. Like go around and find every evo you can, take a picture of it, and say hey none of these other cars look like this... Lotta work but who knows, I'm just brainstorming.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 01:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wooo, that looks sorta bad. Actually I don't know how they could say that's within tolerance. That's BS.

You should take it to the regional rep and dispute. That's BS. And if they think it's a white car it wont show as much, tell them to goto hell.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Guys and Gals,

An Evo is essentially a cheap POS economy car body that's reinforced and stuffed with some very nice mechanicals. This ain't no BMW, not even a Subaru.

And an RS is just more so.

And shiny paint and clearcoats are for sissies anyway
Old Jul 14, 2004, 02:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alleggerita
Guys and Gals,

An Evo is essentially a cheap POS economy car body that's reinforced and stuffed with some very nice mechanicals. This ain't no BMW, not even a Subaru.

And an RS is just more so.

And shiny paint and clearcoats are for sissies anyway
So you think Subaru is not a cheap POS eco Box? lol.

And you think BMW isn't a Cheap POS eco box? lol.

I would say the vette is a cheap POS Evo box, since that car is in the just below ferrari class.

I think eVo's built well. Everything fits well and they've used some good materials in the engine bay, especially the engine and intake box.

If they've made the eVo with all the goodies like.. giggle... BMW, then it wont be POS ECO BOX?

I just don't think you know your BMW. Talk to the mech, they'll tell you.

I agree tho, shiny paint and cleearcoats are for sissies, unless you're paying for them, daddy's boy. lol j/k
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by plokivos
wooo, that looks sorta bad. Actually I don't know how they could say that's within tolerance. That's BS.

You should take it to the regional rep and dispute. That's BS. And if they think it's a white car it wont show as much, tell them to goto hell.
what it is is they didn't see it at night. During the day, b/c it's a white car, you have to walk back ten feet or so to see it in the right light...