Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate mitsubishi north america

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2004, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote: If you are looking for a fast car that you can mod the hell out of, so be it, get the car, mod it, don't worry about a warranty. If you are looking for a good car for your kid, a car that you won't mod and plan to keep, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! I think I'm gonna go up to the dealership and call everyone out on the sales floor. They won't cover a paint defect because basically it's too expensive, that's kind of the feeling I got from the dealership's service manager. ONLY BUY A CAR FROM MITSUBISHI IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE IT! They void warranties, don't cover defects, and generally are not standing behind their products. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but to be treated like this is insane.

^ not to sound like a jerk.. but I agree completly with your comments... yet I bought my car KNOWING all of the above.. because of the performance/$.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
If they do paint your car make them paint the whole quarter panel, the roof rail, and down the A-pillar in the front. Then make them wet sand and buff the door jams. Do not let them just paint the quarter panel and burn in on the C-pillar. Which is what they will probably want to do.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AussieR
Not to be a dick but CMON dude, WTF. Are you so lazy as to not at least ask the dealership if they could try some paint/detailing products before they sand and resurface your new car? Don't you or a freind have some wax or swirl remover, it will seriously take 10 minutes.
It's not in the clear coat, says turbomaestro(disabled) it's under the clear coat.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
If they do paint your car make them paint the whole quarter panel, the roof rail, and down the A-pillar in the front. Then make them wet sand and buff the door jams. Do not let them just paint the quarter panel and burn in on the C-pillar. Which is what they will probably want to do.
not to sound like a moron, but why not?
Old Jul 20, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This way there is no "blend line" in the c- pillar. All the areas that have been painted will end where there is a panel gap. And hopeful any differences in paint texture will not be as pronounced.