Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I hate mitsubishi north america

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate mitsubishi north america

So I got my RS 1,000 miles ago, and the night I got it, I noticed a defect in the clear coat at night. It didn't look like it was buffed, had no swirl marks, it just looked VERY dull in one spot as big as a hand and a small fist sized spot above that, both right around the gas tank door. Took the car in to the dealer, they scheduled a look-see with a district rep, and today they told me they won't cover it because it is not noticable enough. Total BULL SHI.T! Everyone should beware, mitsubishi is NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO BUY A CAR FROM! If you are looking for a fast car that you can mod the hell out of, so be it, get the car, mod it, don't worry about a warranty. If you are looking for a good car for your kid, a car that you won't mod and plan to keep, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! I think I'm gonna go up to the dealership and call everyone out on the sales floor. They won't cover a paint defect because basically it's too expensive, that's kind of the feeling I got from the dealership's service manager. ONLY BUY A CAR FROM MITSUBISHI IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE IT! They void warranties, don't cover defects, and generally are not standing behind their products. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but to be treated like this is insane.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:43 PM
kam

Sounds like someone at the dealership spilled gas while filling the car up. Gas will mess up paint if its relatively new.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Pics, please. If you can see it in the pics, it is noticeable and you have a lawsuit on your hands. At least enough evidence to take it to corporate!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:55 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Yeah, sounds like spilled gas
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

i want to see some pics, im with you guys about the gas spillage.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about the gas spillage... i got my car and had to get gas the first day, (wonder why ) and I spilled gas on the outside. This has happend a couple of times. I try an wipe it off but once I was in too much of a hurry. There is no spots on my red evo at all. I think it's something else...
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:06 PM

yeah i hate mitsubishi north too. actually i hate mitsubishi in general.
na im just kiddin.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yea mitsunishi dealerships are not too friendly or professional, at least from what Ive seen. If you live in SoCal I can try to fix it for you, free of charge. Ive had fix many paint jobs in my restoration years so I have the experience.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

not to put salt in the wound, but I have had good dealing with a local Mitsu dealership. It's like anywhere else though, you have bad eggs everywhere. If someone hates there job or judt doesn't give a **** then you're gunna get ripped. Like the guy who bagged or tried to bag my groceries at the store the other night. he was some punk kid, hated his job. he could care less about me or the store, and was throwing my groceries in the bag. Before I looked he had my eggs in the bag with the can goods! and put my bread in the cart then plopped the milk right on top of it. I said WTF and the cashier made him stop and get me some new bread and she finished the job.

Sorry for rambling, but my point is sometimes it's not the employer or copmany's fault, directly. Although I agree they must assume responsibilty for anyone they have hired. Bottomline take it to another dealership, or at least get someone else involved, another manager, owner, even corporate! My .02
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:54 PM
Account Disabled

well, the dealership tried to help me out, but they pretty much said "We won't get reimbursed, so there's nothing we can do"
Oh yeah, the dealership is Skyline Mitsubishi in Thornton Colorado
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gofaster87
Yea mitsunishi dealerships are not too friendly or professional, at least from what Ive seen. If you live in SoCal I can try to fix it for you, free of charge. Ive had fix many paint jobs in my restoration years so I have the experience.
I'll take pics tonight, it's more noticable at night as it's a white car....
what could you do to fix it? I'm gonna be in Rancho Cucamonga end of the week to test my t3/t4e killer turbo....
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

he's going to buff and polish it. very likely to succeed IMO, having not seen pics of it of course.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i'm sure you could buff it then polish it out... that usually will work and you can do that yourself... and by the way, i'm 99% sure that weightless white doesn't have a clear coat on it.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by eclipsegs2k1
yeah i'm sure you could buff it then polish it out... that usually will work and you can do that yourself... and by the way, i'm 99% sure that weightless white doesn't have a clear coat on it.
Yeah? It looks like it does, in the dark...you can see the lines, etc. in it
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, just get some Meguiar's Quick Wax or buff it out. I had teh same problem with my paint, and it came right up...Good luck!!