Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....

I also did the egt probe in the attached bung of the Tanabe DP, Turbo XS H34 BOV. Can I just say....WHAT a pain in my A**, well more accurately my hands. It was a freakin adventure. I could not break the bolts loose at first...had to borrow a pipe from the local Oil change place. I opened the directions for the BOV and put it down and....poof it blew away, never to be found!!! lol. Called XS just clear up some points. Then putting the XS piece in...bolt on...I don't think so. It rests a little on the fan housing and I had to buy a longer tube...even though the Turbo XS rep said "We did not need a longer piece, so why should you?" WHY is the fan housing so F@#*ing sharp!!! Well after it is said and done, 2 washers in the BOV, a little tuning on the Hallman...and I LOVE it. Moral of the story... it was worth every minute!!!

Sorry for the long post..

-J

pics to follow in the AM.
Attached Thumbnails Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....-defi2.jpg   Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....-evoart.jpg   Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....-tanabe.jpg   Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....-tanabebung.jpg   Just installed the Tanabe DP & ....-xshallman.jpg  

Last edited by techause; Jul 17, 2004 at 01:03 PM. Reason: New PICS
Old Jul 17, 2004, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are the pics and a little photoshop stuff...