Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Argh!!!!! I got rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Fob
I got rear-ended two weeks ago. Who should I blame....the soccer mom who I tried to avoid, the kid who hit me from behind, or the super-strong Brembos?
I was stopped waiting to merge onto traffic and so was the ranger. I had a passenger and I drive tamer when I got passengers then when I am scooting around by myself, in which case I probably would have gunned it like the kid behind behind me, except for the fact that he forgot to check to see if there was a car still in front of him, me.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by psionic98
when i was rear-ended it looked somethingl ike that, albeit i have a lancer not an evo... costs were around 7k to fix and the trunk still doesnt align just right (no leaking though) and my rear driver door sounds unlike hte others... probably because they replaced my rear quarter panel though...

If you can, try to talk your shop into allowing you to buy the parts (at least the ones that you can like a trunklid/taillight/bumper) you will save more money and have what you want... regular lancer tails are like 150per... I coulda gotten RRM tails for 169 a pair.... just some FYI so maybe you can get a CF trunklid and MR tails or something different!
The other insurance company is gonna be paying for this, I going to make damn sure of that. The kid admitted to the cop he didn't look forward to see if anyone was in front of him and only behind him waiting for a chance to merge. My buddy heard him admit it to the cop. I will get a statement from the cop if I have to. This should be as cut and dry as it gets.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks man - good luck with it.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Heh, yeah, that happens. I had a friend who did that also, except he's not my friend anymore, :P
Old Jul 17, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

yeah the other insurance will cover it... just make sure they cover your rent-a-car too... most insurances will cover up to one month... but like I said... talk to your body shop and see if they would be willing to allow you to get alternate parts
Old Jul 17, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Damn bro, ****ty luck. Look at it on the bright side, you can get yourself a nice CF trunk now
Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:23 AM

sorry u got rear ended
Old Jul 18, 2004, 11:54 AM

that sucks