Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sparco Seats in Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sparco Seats in Evo VIII

Dumb question here, but why does it seem like most aftermarket tuners and peops who tweek their evo always replace the recaro's with Sparco seats. Now i dont know much about seats and shiet but im curious, are Sparco seats generally better or what?
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

Sparco evo seats are freaken comfy and tight. It looks like a normal bucket seats, but once u seat in them it just grips u. Stock recaros aren't as firm and tight as the sparco evo seats.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 09:39 AM

Sparco Evo seats are very different than what is in the EVO. I have a set of Sparco evo 1's in my 2000 Subaru RS. Being a fixed back seat, they were mandated by the groups I race with, and also highly adviseable in the case of a crash. I like both seats, the stock EVO's and the Sparco's. They're just tailored to different applications. The stock evo seats are probably a tad more comfortable for long distance driving... although we did have the Sparco's in the car during the 2002 One Lap of America with no issues.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com
Old Jul 18, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Why would someone waste their money on new Evo seats? The Recaro's are sweet. That would be like replacing the steering wheel. Why not spend the money on something else?
Old Jul 18, 2004, 09:49 AM

Depends on what you want to do and where you want to go with the car. If someone's looking to compete via a track oriented event; One Lap of America, Targa Newfoundland, the Alcon, etc... then there are definitive advantages and in some cases requirements for a "fixed back" seat. However if that person is simply street driving then I can certainly see your point.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com
Old Jul 18, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

You will never understand until you do are seriously involve in track(not drag) and autox. I have one piece Sparco Rev in my car for autox, I swap them out and put the stock seats back in when I went to Summit Point 2 days track event because its a 6 hours drive and I don't want to kill my back. But I regret it big time when I was driving on the track, I was sliding all over my stock seat and I got a big bruse on my left knee by hitting the door panel over and over going around the characell(sp?).
Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you need a different mount for a sparco? if I want to put my sparco torino in the evo will I have to get new sliders?
Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fitz
Depends on what you want to do and where you want to go with the car. If someone's looking to compete via a track oriented event; One Lap of America, Targa Newfoundland, the Alcon, etc... then there are definitive advantages and in some cases requirements for a "fixed back" seat. However if that person is simply street driving then I can certainly see your point.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com
agreed.

btw, welcome aboard Fitz. i see you finally bought the evo. this is Snir (mr. blonde from Nasioc and the guy you wanted to buy the evo from )
Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
having just spent a wad of money for a seat base, let me suggest you locate the base before you pull your old seat out. I don't know who sells the bases at a reasonable cost but would like to know. I won't tell you where I got mine because it was hiway robbery.

Once you have driven the evo on a road course you will understand the stock seats are very good for hiway driving but are not in the same league with true support seats.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
having just spent a wad of money for a seat base, let me suggest you locate the base before you pull your old seat out. I don't know who sells the bases at a reasonable cost but would like to know. I won't tell you where I got mine because it was hiway robbery.

Once you have driven the evo on a road course you will understand the stock seats are very good for hiway driving but are not in the same league with true support seats.
i agree. after i put in my BRIDE seats, the difference was night and day. no more using the knee to support myself in the corners
Old Jul 18, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

oops

Last edited by justchil; Jul 18, 2004 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:09 PM

btw, welcome aboard Fitz. i see you finally bought the evo.
Couldn't resist for long. Some definitive differences between the car and my Subaru RS.... I'm interested to see what she'll be like when pushed hard. Plan is to keep the RS for One Lap of America and local Hillclimbs... and use the EVO as the daily driver.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

i promise you that you will love her at the limits. and please don't sell the RS, it is by far one of the nicest one i have ever seen.
Originally Posted by Fitz
Couldn't resist for long. Some definitive differences between the car and my Subaru RS.... I'm interested to see what she'll be like when pushed hard. Plan is to keep the RS for One Lap of America and local Hillclimbs... and use the EVO as the daily driver.

Fitz
www.Flat4Racing.com