Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Aftermarket IC Sprayers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
I think the whole point of having the Water IC sprayer is to cool the air in the IC. So in theory the cooler gas NO2 would cool the air quick enough to deliever more air to the engine for combustion.

I think it's not a waste of money if you're in a hot state like GA and down below, where it's so humid that the air delivery to engine isn't that good.

Mitsubishi thought it was a good idea, must be some logic behind putting that in their car. Why would they spend the money and effort to put that in if it was a waste of money? that goes with STi as well and Some porsches.

I guess the No2 seeps into the intake piping, but I don't see how... unless the no2 is traveling up to the ram air tube...

HUH? Did i miss something here? I never questioned the utility of the STOCK water sprayer, only the utility of any additional aftermarket nitrous or co2 sprayer. Get with the program.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nah, i think you posted that while I was writing. That isn't pointed toward you.