Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RS is in the garage :)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the rs is white...

As far as nothing else to gain, I like the fact that it's limited and decontented.

msrp is $26,799 plus $595 destination

They have a red 03 there with a roof and wing that would be a good deal i'm sure.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

limited? I think not. with the price break, I would wager that mitsubishi will sell more of them than standard Evos for 2004. I know it's hardly scientific but how many "got my '04 GSR threads" have you seen?

I could live with manual windows and locks too, but for insignificant weight and a great deal of convenience, I'll take them powered thanks. the 80lb weight difference is likewise meaningless... the LSD is the only thing you gained since as you said, the trunk with a $1000 spoiler attached can be dealt with if you really want to, especially on a white or red car.

but hey, it's your money so I'll stop now as I have no dog in this fight. I got a great deal on an unsold '03 instead of buying an RS, but you had probably already guessed that.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

congrats on the new evo. Compared to your '03, how much quicker does the RS feel in bone stock trim??
Old Jul 21, 2004, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
I'm sure you could find somebody to swap you though...or just swap with the dealer. They'll make extra $$$$ selling a lancer with an evo wing...
Not too many WW Lancer's though...
Old Jul 21, 2004, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

The RS seems lighter then Mitsu said, mine is 2990lbs (on certified track scale) with a Buschur Stage 4 kit on it, spare removed, and front bumper bar removed. Ran 12.2's taking it easy on the car. I drove standard Evo a while ago and there is a big diffrence once you get used tothe the RS.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ColinL
limited? I think not. with the price break, I would wager that mitsubishi will sell more of them than standard Evos for 2004. I know it's hardly scientific but how many "got my '04 GSR threads" have you seen?

I could live with manual windows and locks too, but for insignificant weight and a great deal of convenience, I'll take them powered thanks. the 80lb weight difference is likewise meaningless... the LSD is the only thing you gained since as you said, the trunk with a $1000 spoiler attached can be dealt with if you really want to, especially on a white or red car.

but hey, it's your money so I'll stop now as I have no dog in this fight. I got a great deal on an unsold '03 instead of buying an RS, but you had probably already guessed that.
Limited yes...700/year, plus it comes with the 10yr/100k warranty. As far as the weight savings, I guess it holds more significance for some than others.

Compared to my 03 the car feels tighter, nimbler, and even quicker...although I won't really know until I can wind it out. My 03 had a sunroof though, so that alone would explain the stiffness.

Another difference is that the WW paint seems to be of much better quality than RR...
Old Jul 21, 2004, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
The RS seems lighter then Mitsu said, mine is 2990lbs (on certified track scale) with a Buschur Stage 4 kit on it, spare removed, and front bumper bar removed. Ran 12.2's taking it easy on the car. I drove standard Evo a while ago and there is a big diffrence once you get used tothe the RS.
an autocrosser on this forum sat on the scales at a national event and saw 3052lbs with his front bumper bar in place, spare removed, 1/4 tank of gas.

oh, and '03.

btw 700 evo RSes? did a salesman tell you that, by chance? sounds way off to me, but we'll see at the end of the model year I suppose.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ColinL
an autocrosser on this forum sat on the scales at a national event and saw 3052lbs with his front bumper bar in place, spare removed, 1/4 tank of gas.

oh, and '03.

btw 700 evo RSes? did a salesman tell you that, by chance? sounds way off to me, but we'll see at the end of the model year I suppose.
No...corporate literature, and everything I have read in the press...what production figures have you heard?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

A quote from the 2/04 Motortrend "The U.S.-market RS will be available in limited quantities (700 this year) and colors (Rally Red or Weightless White)."

They may produce more...but I've yet to hear or read about it...
Old Jul 21, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.import-heaven.net/

http://reprints.msnbc.com/id/4340132/

http://www.moddingcars.co.uk/

http://www.automobilemag.com/awards/...er/index3.html

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=05031754

It looks like the 700 number may apply to 2004 only, but I have not seen what is projected for 2005.