Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone else had this problem?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else had this problem?

i was driving and hit my brakes kinda hard, stopping for an unseen red light.

well i started going when it was green, and when boost was supposed to come in at 3500, but my car bogged like a *****, and i heard air swooshing inside the engine bay.

i pulled over and the lower clamp on the intercooler pipe had come completly off the hose and the pipe and hose came apart..... just wondering if anyone else had this problem after hitting the brakes hard?

well i put it back togather and made sure with a ratchet that that ***** will stay on there from now on, and im thinking it was lose before because i feel like ive gained a little power... just something maybe u guys should check on, make sure there not loose or anything... scared the hell out of me, lol
Old Jul 21, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea hose poping is fun. You would think that your engine is gone, boooommm. Do you have any mods?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, just turbo timer, have some sitting in my room though, exedy twin plate (for sale, brand new in box!) SAFC, greddy oil catch, and walbro 255, but nothing installed as of yet