Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alarm System Install

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2004, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattfl
i don't suppose there are any local stores ala best buy type stores that would carry these would they? Maybe a specific car alarm install store, I've found plenty of places online but I do want to this it this weekend.
Best Buy has it for sure. And also Circuit City and Tweeter. Whether its in stock or not is a different question. If you got time, call the dealer tomorrow to find out if it has an immobilizer or not. I think all of them do but just to be sure. So, call first thing in the morning. Then proceed to any quality electronics chain to pick up the part. Honestly, if you havent done this before, you mite wanna plan on this taking up Sat. and Sun. Goodluck. Oh yeah, have you figured out how to bypass the clutch yet? Its simple if you can reach the wires coming from the top of the clutch pedal.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Best Buy has it for sure. And also Circuit City and Tweeter. Whether its in stock or not is a different question. If you got time, call the dealer tomorrow to find out if it has an immobilizer or not. I think all of them do but just to be sure. So, call first thing in the morning. Then proceed to any quality electronics chain to pick up the part. Honestly, if you havent done this before, you mite wanna plan on this taking up Sat. and Sun. Goodluck. Oh yeah, have you figured out how to bypass the clutch yet? Its simple if you can reach the wires coming from the top of the clutch pedal.
we've got a circuit city and best buy in town..both do car alarm installs so im betting one of them will have it..thats good to know.

from what I read all 03 evo's have the immobolizer, but i will call my dealer in the morning..the extra key i received has the big black piece on the end of it just like the regular key.

have not even looked at howto bypass the clutch yet though.

my buddy from orlando who is coming up to help me is an electrical engineer and ya we figured all weekend to do the job..

i really appriciate all the help you guys have given.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

I came back from circuit city this evening and I bought the Codealarm model with all the bells and whistles.

List of parts:

CA-645 (Deluxe two way remote start)
CA-425 Master module
Mini Piezo siren (a miniture alarm that goes inside the car so it would be unbearable to site in
Dual Zone Microwave Sensor (this is when someone walks too close to the car or if you have the windows open and someone reaches in it will trigger
Mini battery back siren ( this is when someone cuts the battery line and the mini battery back siren takes over even though battery is cut)
Glass breakage sensor (Even though all alarms has a shock sensor alot of break in is caused by throwing porcelen at the glase to spider crack then slowly break in)
And Last Vehicle Paging satellite command system (this unit will arm/disarm alarm, lock-unloch doors- remote start vehicle-auto locat vehicle- carjack-theft vehicle disable- and able to see on the internet where the vehicle is located with a snap shot view.

What do you guys think? overkill??? Any remarks or opinion on Codealarm. I have not openned the package yet if this is a bad alarm. Thanks Peace............
Old Jul 29, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by savageevo
I came back from circuit city this evening and I bought the Codealarm model with all the bells and whistles.

List of parts:

CA-645 (Deluxe two way remote start)
CA-425 Master module
Mini Piezo siren (a miniture alarm that goes inside the car so it would be unbearable to site in
Dual Zone Microwave Sensor (this is when someone walks too close to the car or if you have the windows open and someone reaches in it will trigger
Mini battery back siren ( this is when someone cuts the battery line and the mini battery back siren takes over even though battery is cut)
Glass breakage sensor (Even though all alarms has a shock sensor alot of break in is caused by throwing porcelen at the glase to spider crack then slowly break in)
And Last Vehicle Paging satellite command system (this unit will arm/disarm alarm, lock-unloch doors- remote start vehicle-auto locat vehicle- carjack-theft vehicle disable- and able to see on the internet where the vehicle is located with a snap shot view.

What do you guys think? overkill??? Any remarks or opinion on Codealarm. I have not openned the package yet if this is a bad alarm. Thanks Peace............

Sounds like a good deal with all the accessories that are included but I have not heard of them. Probably a pretty ok company but I am a diehard DEI fan and am convinced that nothing else in the industry compares. They are also the most strait forward to install. Your probably wondering about my credibility right now. I am an installer and have been for 4 years and thats part-time. I also have a BS in electrical engineering and thats pretty much my daily grind. I have my Matrix RS 3.5 but I'm waiting for the 05 Evo's to be released before I install it. I have done numerous installs in auto and manual vehicles. So, the info that I relay to you if from my personal experience. Again, hope all works out well this weekend mattfl.
Good luck.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok. lets get this straight. all evos (and only evos; no oz's or anything else) have the emobilizer and need the dei 555u and extra key to utilize the remote start. i'm a professional (and licensed) car audio/video/security installer. i have an evo. i've got the rsx 3.5 in my car (plus a motion sensor, 3 sirens, multiple shock sensors, and window modules). there are two ways to bypass a mitsubishi clutch. unplug it entirely or use a bosh relay. to wire it: cap off terminal 87. cut one of the two wires in the clutch plug (doesn't matter which) and put the wire from terminal 87a to one side and the wire from terminal 30 to the other. put terminal 86 (the white wire?) to a constant 12v source and terminal 85 (the black wire?) to a negative status output (negative output during remote start). thats how you do it. any questions just pm me.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilBlueEvo8
ok. lets get this straight. all evos (and only evos; no oz's or anything else) have the emobilizer and need the dei 555u and extra key to utilize the remote start. i'm a professional (and licensed) car audio/video/security installer. i have an evo. i've got the rsx 3.5 in my car (plus a motion sensor, 3 sirens, multiple shock sensors, and window modules). there are two ways to bypass a mitsubishi clutch. unplug it entirely or use a bosh relay. to wire it: cap off terminal 87. cut one of the two wires in the clutch plug (doesn't matter which) and put the wire from terminal 87a to one side and the wire from terminal 30 to the other. put terminal 86 (the white wire?) to a constant 12v source and terminal 85 (the black wire?) to a negative status output (negative output during remote start). thats how you do it. any questions just pm me.
Wow, sounds like you dont wanna give potential theives any chances!!!
Old Jul 30, 2004, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Wow, sounds like you dont wanna give potential theives any chances!!!

Well for someone to come in and get what I did for my car, it would cost them around 1k with labor and parts and all. Cost me around 250 (including a third key for the bypass; I had the dealer throw it in when I bought the car because I need two so I couldn't loose one) to do the whole thing. Now wouldn't you do that too if you were saving 750 bux?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

picked up the dei 555u unit today from best buy..now to just wait for my alarm to get here from ups and i'll be all set! Wish me luck
Old Jul 30, 2004, 09:07 AM

to tell you the truth, i installed my alarm myself and on three other lancers and the car is really easy. you really don't have to search for any wires at all on this car. everything is right by your left knee when you drop the dash. the code alarm systems are ok but are kind of a pain in the *** when it comes to hiding the brain. that brain is huge. another way that i bypassed the clutch on a friend of mines was i unplugged it and there are two wires on the plug. just strip them both and twist them together.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2ggst
to tell you the truth, i installed my alarm myself and on three other lancers and the car is really easy. you really don't have to search for any wires at all on this car. everything is right by your left knee when you drop the dash. the code alarm systems are ok but are kind of a pain in the *** when it comes to hiding the brain. that brain is huge. another way that i bypassed the clutch on a friend of mines was i unplugged it and there are two wires on the plug. just strip them both and twist them together.
good to hear that..ups just dropped off the clifford alarm, theres alot of wires in it
Old Aug 13, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Questions:-

the evo is equipped with a 'step on clutch' to start the engine,what if i install an auto start device together with the alarm, would it affect the clutch in start? or do i need to forgo it?
Old Aug 13, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

You can get someone to install it with a switch so that you don't have to to bypass the clutch completely. Bypassin the clutch completely is the quickest way but if you don't want your car to start manually without having clutch down, you have to do some work.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

On my DSMs, you can bypass the clutch start switch by just unplugging it. I would imagine you can do the same thing w/ the EVO. I haven’t tried it yet.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

tama,

but if i do not bypass the clutch in, i doubt that i have other ways to install an auto start... gosh... this is a little hard aint it.?