Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit By A Mack Truck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^This is true.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

ok this is basically what it comes down to... if the truck damaged your rear, NOT your sides then the insurance company will blame the truck.... now if he hit your side, then theres gotta be more investigation....
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you only make $8 an hour? in NY? man... that must be tough.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like there is something more to this. Did you mess with this driver before the incident with the grass. Sounds like he was road raged and was determined to mess with you. Did you cut him off prior? Doesn't matter. He still hit you.

Small town cops suck. Power trippin because nothing big happens in their sh*ithole patrol area. I don't think your insurance will go up for a fender bender. You are better off suing the trucking company and the driver, plus the town police.

Last edited by SinCityEvo; Aug 6, 2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never seen this truck driver before. There was no pre-meditation. When he got out of his truck after we pulled over, he was yelling and screaming something like "People cut me off all of the time and I am sick of it! I dont back down for anyone. You got what you deserved."
I said: "I cant believe you did this. Give me your information"

He said: "Bull****. Your not getting my information. You can call the cops."

I said: "Your damn right I am going to call the cops" and I reached in my car and called the police.

I've never seen this guy before in my entire life.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Also of note: I have NEVER been in an accident and I have a clean driving record except for 2 tickets that occured over 2.5 years ago: no turn signal and an "unsafe start" in my 210WHP Turbo Jetta. I am a very carefull and conservative driver without a doubt...
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Get an attorney and sue this white trash hillbilly and his company. You may be surprised by his driving record. His company should have drug tested him right after the accident. this is standard protocol for many companies. You have photos for proof which is great for a lawsuit.

This is my line of work. I read and edit accident lawsuits for a reporting company located in NYC. This is a classic case and you would easily win a settlement out of court. This driver was working at the time of incident and using a company vehicle. That leaves the company liable along with the driver.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

don't post any pic's until you talk with a lawyer. That sucks. I would sue the owner of the truck company (assuming it was a company truck) to get the guy fired.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

wait so he side-swiped you... where is the damage?
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

What an a$$hole that guy was...he definitely needs a beat down !!

You should go the lawyer route...people like that need to taught a lesson. Especially if he did it because he "hates being cut off all the time"...so what...we all hate it when it happens...but we don't all turn into ****** and disregard peoples property and lives just to make that point. What happened to a gold old fashion middle finger out the window. This guy has some issues and the only way he will learn is if someone takes it to him.

Good luck...
Old Aug 6, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Mifesto - the damage is on the rear side of my car. His front tire hit where my rear wheel is. I was in the left lane and he wasin the right. Legally, i had the right of way. If we were swapped around, I have no doubt that the cop would give me a ticket since I am a "punk kid in a car with a big wing and clear tail lights and loud exhaust"
Old Aug 6, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

pics, pics. that what we need. People when you get into an accident or you want to tell us something that happened to your car, you need to show pictures.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Jeez thats crazy. I would definitely go and discuss this with an attorney, at least as far as bringing legal action against the truck driver and his company. As for the cops the best bet would be to talk to the DA and be as cool headed as you can be. If that doesn't work simply go over his head to the media. The media can do great things as far as people getting screwed over by larger organizations. You might want to think about going and talking to your insurance agent. Don't tell him you want to make a claim or anything but simply ask him hypothetical questions as it were. It seems really stupid that you should suffer a higher insurance price simply cause some guy lost his cool and went nuts. If it would cause an increase consider adding something along the lines of mental anguish or such to the lawsuit.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
If a cop ever acted as bad as you seem to have experienced up here, there would be calls for suspension, and at the very least he would be reprimanded for inappropriate behaviour. Hell, we got a cop up here who's car was robbed, and they stole his gun and badge. They found both later, but people are still calling for his resignation.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ty-Evo8
You should go the lawyer route...people like that need to taught a lesson.
Don't use lawyers to "teach somebody a lesson." That's what creates a lot of frivolous lawsuits and overblown litigation. It's too expensive and totally ineffective, because your opponent isn't going to break down and humbly surrender to the wisdom of your attorney - he'll hate you and your attorney.

Good luck finding an attorney to teach this truck driver and the landscape company a lesson over a $2000 side swipe in which *you were not injured.* Aside from recovering your body work repair cost, I can't think of anything else the attorney would do. Criminal charges are only pressed by the D.A.; a previous post about speaking with the D.A. sounded well-reasoned.

Assuming that your attorney recovers the $2000, in theory it is owed to your insurance company under the subrogation provision of your policy, since your insurance company will have paid for your long-since completed body work repair. I say "in theory," because your attorney fees will probably exceed the $2000; no attorney in his right mind would take this case on a contingency, and your retainer for the attorney to do it on an hourly basis would probably be more than you're willing to pay up front.

If all of this sounds unfair and you think the system is screwing you, consider this: nobody is in jail, nobody is hurt, and your car was not totalled. Our legal system is designed to deal with bigger problems. If you want justice on small claims, sue somebody in SMALL CLAIMS COURT. It's not that hard, really. That's a good system for smaller disputes like this.