Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit By A Mack Truck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Drivers

Truck drivers are supposed to be professional drivers, regardless of what goes on, this guy is an A$$hole.
I know he is using his License to work, but with an attitude like he has got he needs to have it revoked, maybe he'll lose his job, which I know would suck, but he needs to realise he is responsible for his actions, you can't just go Driving around picking on the little guy, I see it all the time with Truck drivers and SUV drivers, they think that cause they have this big vehicle and all this weight, that they own the road, well they don't, they need to learn that they can't bully people all the time, most of the time people crack to the pressure of someone driving aggressively.
Maybe they should remove these idiots from driving in the US and send them to Iraq as suicide bombers, after all a vehicle is a guided missile in the wrong hands, just supposing a kid was playing on one of those lawns, they would not have stood a chance.

DO NOT post pictures, as they are evidence, and you need to consult a lawyer, DA
what ever it takes.
This guy and the trucking company need to be sorted out.
as I have said before about the cops, there is no bigger crook out there, they bend the law to suit them selves most of the time and it seems this case is also the same.
I am surprised there isn't more Vigilante style stuff going on, as the Innocent guy is always getting shafted cause the cops don't want to do their jobs.
and guess what the cops are supposed to work for us, we pay their wages through our taxes.
Goodluck, i hope you succeed
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

That is just fockin' crazy dude!! i hope everything works out for you! I can't believe you kept your composure. I would have been arrested at the scene for hillbilly bashing. I could so see myself just losing it over something like that. I commend you bro!!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

You can call me a wussy, whatever you will, but I'd just refrain from making waves. Just for the simple reason, cops talk. Cops have friends who have friends and so on. Its not easy being hated by an entire law enforcement department. Trust me. TRUST ME.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

yeah if its ur rear side... u do have the advantage in court but there still is some question if u cut him off or he was tailgating... if he hit u squarely on the boot a lawsuit wouldnt even be necessary.... either way.. g'luck
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG!! This type of **** pisses me off! And the comment that ***hole made, "I dont' back down for nobody", F* that! There's ***holes that act like that around AZ, and they irritate the **** out of me!!

Anyway, enough ranting...

If this happened to me, I would immediately call my insurance company.

Most insurance companies hire accident investigators to determine the facts of an accident. Details like the tire tracks through the lawns, the obstructed view of the accident scene from "witnesses" at the bank, etc. will be revealed during the investigation.

And like someone else said, normally when two lanes merge together, it is the right lane that yields to the left lane. Just because he has a bigger vehicle than you does not give him the right to bully his way over because he's "sick of people cutting him off" (whatever the hell that means.)

Keep your pictures as evidence to provide to your insurance company. That will definately help their investigation of the accident.

At worst, I can see you having to pay your collision deductible to get your car fixed. If the damage is less than your deductible, I say just pay out of pocket for the repairs and move on.

Sorry to hear about your car, man. I hope everything works out all right.

Peace
Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

you need this.... run those guys over

Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

The pic of the damage to the car is now posted on the first post of this thread. I am now re-sizing the off-road trail of this truck. Pics will be up soon. You wont believe what you see!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Location: [6][5][0]san mateo, California..."rEpN dA YaY aReA!!"
ny cops have nothn better to do than wear their wifebeateres and eat donuts on break n home hahhaa
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Regardless of cops or whatnot, what he really needs is a way to provide the evidence that the truck driver was "at fault" or he runs the risk of higher insurance even tho. it may not have been his fault. A lawyer is really the only way to do this, and most insurance companies have lawyers poised for doing this type of work. Read your policy, it probably says something with getting a lawyer to refute the police report, chase after the 'other' party, etc...

Unfortunately for you, you might be driving around in an unrepaired EVO for quite awhile. Sometimes unless you're not going to pay out of pocket for the repair, and 'wait' for the insurance company to eventually pay you, legal stuff has to be done, before things get repaired.

Good Luck,

jcnel.

P.S. I will make the disclaimer that this is *not* legal advice, in any way. I'm just hoping to get you in contact with somebody who can 'help'
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

once the 4th page come up I will post the pics to make them easier to read

Last edited by Evo H8; Aug 6, 2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:15 PM
Account Disabled

Maybe this was addressed but take pics of teh damage to the property. Knock on the doors of the people's property to get them as possible witnesses or complain for damages. Just keep on movin...
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

See page 4 for a description and a bigger view of all of these pictures
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

see page 4
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDM_FeTiSh
ny cops have nothn better to do than wear their wifebeateres and eat donuts on break n home hahhaa

maybe that is what the cops in cali do but cops here in NYC and N.NJ have far more better things to do. I'm sorry but some cops are ***'s but most of them help protect your a@s from the bad guys...... Give credit where the credit is due. I think the guys and gals out here that delt with 9-11 have delt with far worse stuff than you can ever think of. I think all the cops in the big cities here on the East coast are doing so much more so you can sleep at night...... Think about things you say because I would like to know what you are doing when they put their lives on the line everytime they go to work. I'm not trying to be a di*k just stating the facts!