Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit By A Mack Truck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In all of the following pics, the red circle denotes the scene of the accident

Pic #1:

In this picture, you can see where the truck first pulled off of the road. You cannot even see where the road ends the 2 lane merge because it ends so far away. The truck stayed up along side of me and tried to pass me cutting through someones lawn.

Pic #2:

You can see how he veers off onto the lawn, obviously trying to go around me while I slow down because of the traffic in front of me slows down. There was no where for him to pull in after this point.

Circle denotes the scene of the accident.

Pic #3:

The pic is a bit blurry, but you car see how he tore through the lawn

Pic #4:

In this picture it is hard to see the curb, but this is where he pulled back onto the road up beside me so that he would not take out signs and curbs.

Pic # 5:

A bit of a jump ahead, but you can see how he was up along side the curb while staying up along side ME in a single lane of morning rush hour traffic!

Remember, red circle denotes accident scene.

Pic #6:

A pic of the end of the curb. As you can see, the truck is headed back off the road.

Pic #7:

This picture shows the end of the curb and the pole (red circle) which the truck tries to avoid and pulls in and hits my car. This point is several hundred feet away from the merge.

Pic #8:

This picture turns the camera around. I was standing next to the pole (aka crash spot) as I take this picture. You can see how unbelievably far away the merge point was. The truck had several points to slow down and pull behind or just plain STOP. You can also see the view of the bank. There isnt one. the bushes/trees block its view right after the merge. There were NO recorded witnesses at this point on the police report.

Pic #9:

In this picture, the camera is turned back around up close to the scene of the accident. As you can easily see, the truck swerved back into the road while along side of me to avoid the pole. This is where his front left tire hit my rear right side of my car. The truck knocked me into oncoming 8:40am rush hour traffic. Had I not had the great grip of the stock Evo tires and my stiff Tein Flex Coilovers, my car would have spun out and I would have hit oncoming traffic. Because of my great suspension, my back end only kicked out for a half second and I was able to correct my car from spinning out onto oncomming traffic. If I were driving any other car, I would not be here to tell you this story....

Pic #10:

This is the pic of where we pulled over. The red circle shows where the accident occured. The cop arrived about 5 mins after I called. Now, when I asked the officer to walk back to where the red circle is so that I could show him the SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT and how far away from the merge it was, the cop denied me, saying: "Your done here. You can go."
I am very respectfull to police officers and I said "yes sir" and I left. That was my worst mistake...

Last edited by Evo H8; Aug 6, 2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How 'about' a pic where the lane actually 'merges.'

Rather...looking, down the road...it would be good to the see the 'bank' better. Also...what are the bank's hours? Is there a 24/7 ATM?

Thanks,

jcnel.

Last edited by jcnel_evo8; Aug 6, 2004 at 09:36 PM. Reason: vague
Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

jcnel_ev8 - I think that what happened well after the merge is much more important than the merge to the exact foot.... its clear that the merge ended WAY before the truck pulled into the lawn and tired to pass cars on the single lane road. If you seriously need an actual picture of the merge to determine if what the driver did was wrong, I will get it for you. I think that it is clear by the pictures and descriptions that I have given
Old Aug 7, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

The more facts and pictures from every angle all the better. Why though when you have a ramapaging MACK truck along side you in the dirt did you just not get out of his way to avoid all this in the first place?
Old Aug 7, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, sue that POS white trash bum. He was riding the shoulder, not a lane. I can't believe the pig copper not issuing him a ticket. File a complaint on that keystone cop.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Why didnt I just pull over? Because I couldnt! It was 8:40 in the morning and rush hour traffic. There was traffic going the opposite way, cars in front of me, cars behind me, and a HUGE MACK TRUCK next to me!!!! When he hit me, he hit me into oncoming traffic but luckily there was a gap in traffic going the other way and I was able to maintain control of the car!

Please dont believe that I would put my $30k car with $8k in mods and my own LIFE on the line against a damn mack Truck.....

It all seemed to happen in a flash, and if there were anywhere for me to go, i would go.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm he does have a point... if the truck hit you way after the merger, the merge is irrelevant
Old Aug 7, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
The more facts and pictures from every angle all the better. Why though when you have a ramapaging MACK truck along side you in the dirt did you just not get out of his way to avoid all this in the first place?

I think what he was getting at was you could have slowed down, regardless of traffic. But, i know how things happen fast and you're not always thinking logically but by instinct.

It would be a good idea to get the merger, because it shows everything. The more the merrier and more is better.

I think its going to be hard for you with this case. My friend had something similiar happen and the guy said he would report it and say it was his fault. Later on, my friend fines out that the guy denied it. RESULTS: My friend got ****ed in the ***.

Its a good learning experience. Next time something like this happens, try to use everything to your advantage by keeping a camera in your car to take down cars license plates that were behind and in front of you, the truck.....etc.

Last edited by blackevoVII; Aug 7, 2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo H8
The thing is, I dont want my Insurance company to know about this because my rates will go through the ROOF if not drop me altogether. I can barely afford my Evo Payment/insurance/school loans as it is while still making $8 an hour.
If it's not your fault, your insurance won't go up. It can't. And your insurance company is on your side for defense when they are the ones who are getting defrauded. Make the police report show his fault if you can, but don't ignore your insurance company. You may have a limit to how long you can put off telling them about it.
-N
Old Aug 8, 2004, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I can't believe these people (police, truck driver). However, it is so great that you took so many pictures. After seeing some pictures, you at least have evidence of what have happened and is not just your word against his. I hope you sue him in a small claims court and file a complaint to the police department.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

You guys do realize that the cop would have to be a moron to write him a ticket, right? He'd be wasting his time, as this driver will almost certainly show up in court. And if the cop was not physically at the scene when all this shoulder driving occurred, he can not be a witness to it when the man says "not guilty". The judge would have to throw it out. FYI. Tire tracks? Those could be from any big truck.

Your big point is that he hit you on the right side of your vehicle. This means he was not yielding as he was supposed to, and attempting to pass on the right, which is illegal. In addition to doing it all from a shoulder, which is also illegal. It should be his insurance company that pays. Tell your company about it. They a team of lawyers for fighting people like this, whereas you personally don't. His insurance company's lawyers and yours will talk it over, and undoubtedly come to an agreement in your favor. There's a small risk, if you have a bad company, that you will be dropped. But it's pretty small in a case like this.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Big Trucks And Suv's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Bastard! You Killed Evo H8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
absolutely!!! I don't know why big trucks and suv are always in a hurry!!
Old Aug 8, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, I would have to say the semi driver is in great fault. failure to yeild, passing in the right lane, and if it can be proven in court that the tracks where made by him in the home owners yard. He can be charged with vandalism for that. My friend was being real stupid a$$ and driving to fast and lost controll of his car and had 1 tire go thru someone yard before he spun out and the home owner was about to press charges but he told them he would have it fixed the next day. So, get all this info to you insurance and go talk to the captain down at your local police station. that truck driver really shouldn't be driving. I'm not sure about ya'lls law as far as having a CDL, but here in tennessee if you get any kinda moving violation you can loose your CDL's and therefore can't drive a semi. good luck
Old Aug 8, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo H8
Why didnt I just pull over? Because I couldnt! It was 8:40 in the morning and rush hour traffic. There was traffic going the opposite way, cars in front of me, cars behind me, and a HUGE MACK TRUCK next to me!!!! When he hit me, he hit me into oncoming traffic but luckily there was a gap in traffic going the other way and I was able to maintain control of the car!

Please dont believe that I would put my $30k car with $8k in mods and my own LIFE on the line against a damn mack Truck.....

It all seemed to happen in a flash, and if there were anywhere for me to go, i would go.
Evo H8,

Sorry to here your situation. I think we all feel your pain but honestly, all WE can do is look at your pictures, get angry with you, and call the truck driver some bad name.

Please Please Please talk to your insurance and report this accident. You pay the insurance for a reason. They have the resources to fight for you, obviously, because they will want to recoup the money for the damages. The only other possible solution is to find a lawyer friend who specializes in accidents who can do the work for you for a low cost. Because you have limited funds, I still think the best solution is to let your insurance fight it for you. If they raise your rates, you can always move to another insurance company. Fighting this alone will be difficult because most of us don't know the system well enough to work it to our benefit. The police report is one example of how although you were not at fault, you still got worked. Your insurance company will fight for you because money is involved. You can then rest easier...good luck!

Brent
Old Aug 8, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

yeah.... all i gotta say is **** those cracker *** truck drivers... same **** happened to me too...and he tried to take off too...****ing idiots....i wish i could ****ing shoot people like that. the population in cali would be cut in half if i had my way....