Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit By A Mack Truck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2004, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hit By A Mack Truck

Well, I was on my work today like every other 6 days of the week. On my way to work, the road merges from 2 into 1. well, a Mack truck decided that I was not to be in front of him. Even tho I was in the left lane and he was in the right. He went through 2 peoples lawns trying to cut in front of me. There was nothing I could do - a car in front of me - and car behind me braking, seeing WTF he was doing. He was determined to pass me on peoples lawns!!!! He swerved off of a lawn to miss a curb, then swerved back after the curb and when a telephone pole came up, he swerved back into my lane and side-swiped me!

The cop that showed up at the scene was an @-HOLE!!!!!!! He did not give the truck driver a ticket!!! The officer would not even walk back to the scene of the accident with me to see the tracks that this guy made in peoples lawns!

Tommorrow I go to the police station to complain about the cops horrible response to the accident. I will be speaking to his seargent, etc. If that gets me nowhere, I will be going to the DA. If HE does nothing for me, I will go to the news media. I will tell the media how this guy tried to run me off the road and my local police would do NOTHING and the drivers employees would do NOTHING.

I have pictures of his tire tracks going thru several off-road area's trying to pass me. Its unbelieveable.......

The attatched pic does not show how caved in the door is. The black on the car is the tire of the truck that hit me. above the wheel well on the fender, the paint is worn down to the silver metal. You also cannot see how terribly chipped the wheel is. Looks like crap. Luckily only his tire hit me!!

PIC OF THE ACCIDENT SCENE ON PAGE 4

Last edited by Evo H8; Aug 6, 2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any witnesses?
Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:00 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Wow, these is one of the better stories I've read in a while. Where's that pic man?
Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

seriously bro, post up pics. You need to get witness statements like now. Talk to the homeowners whose lawns were wrecked by this assbandit and see if you can't get a lawsuit against the driver, trucking company and the police department.... that's total BS.

FWIW wihtout a pic this is a total guess, but door damage is prob gonna cost more that $2k if it's more than just cosmetic (paint chips)

Best of luck my man!!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with engineerboy get statements lots of pics and get your case set up before hand that way they will more than likely settle it out of court if they know you already have them beat
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by engineerboy
seriously bro, post up pics. You need to get witness statements like now. Talk to the homeowners whose lawns were wrecked by this assbandit and see if you can't get a lawsuit against the driver, trucking company and the police department.... that's total BS.
Hell yeah...stick it to the trucking company...that guy will probably get fired on the spot as soon as the trucking company finds out what he did. Definitely get pics! Pics have saved my *** with my auto insurance company before.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man, get him for psychological trauma too, while you're at it. That guys just nuts! Must be NY thing... Lol.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Big Trucks And Suv's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Bastard! You Killed Evo H8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'll post pics of the damage to my car tonight. I thought I posted it in the original post but I guess I didnt.

Anyways, I went to the police station today to get the police report today. The police report is CRAP. It states that there were 2 witnesses at fleet bank which is right next to where the 2 lanes merge. It states that they saw my car accelerate to get in front of the truck. BS! There were cars in front of me and cars behind me. It was at 8:30AM! WTF were these "witnesses" doing at the bank at 8:30? Perhaps the driver had his buds call and act as witnesses.

Nonetheless, the whole incident is out of the banks view because of the bank bushes where he took out the first lawn. I have pics of EVERYTHING - and I'll post it all tonight.

How much does a new rear door cost?

The thing is, I dont want my Insurance company to know about this because my rates will go through the ROOF if not drop me altogether. I can barely afford my Evo Payment/insurance/school loans as it is while still making $8 an hour.

On the police report there is a box that asks the officer filling out the form: "Does the amount of damage total over $1000?"

There is a box that says "unable to determine"
A box that says "yes"
and a box that says "no"

If he would have checked yes, he would have to inform my insurance company and I would get killed with payments.... This is the biggest problem. I may not get any money from the landscaping company that employs this guy. Chances are, I am going to have to pay out of my pocket. I'll have to take out a real big loan.

Luckily the car is still driveable and I have a car to get to work.

Know what pisses me off the most? On my way to work today, I passed the same guy in the same truck on my way to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be nice to be able to hit other peoples cars with your employers truck and get away with it. I bet he is laughing about this with his buds right now....
Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

sucks man...awaiting pics!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

WTF? So the guy walk? That's so BS man. Why wouldnt his insurance pay for this? What happen to the peope infront an behind you? They saw the accident right? THey can be your witness. It's going to cost you an arm or a leg to get your door fix man. Dang, I feel for ya. Good luck!!!

Attention: All evom members must might up tonight to find that truck driver and jump him!!! We'll show what's up. I hate people like that.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

If I saw him again I would run him off the road. Take some pictures showing both the view from the scene to the bank and the view from the bank to the scene, then go to the DA. Show him all of the pictures and the police report, and also a report you created with what really happened. Be nice and tell him that you think you were being unfaily treated because of you age(I am assuming since you said you were paying for school) or because of the car you drive. Dont make this you against the police, because the DA will take the side of the police. Just present him with all of the evidence and the pictures and accounts and ask him if he believes the report is correct. You would be suprised how much he is willing to cooperate if you are level-headed about the whole situation. Good luck with the whole situation.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously, if I were you - I'd call the Fox 5 problem solvers - FAST!!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

tough luck. truck drivers keep this country moving. they are literally "above the law". i'm not defending the truck, i'm just saying from my experience they could kill your dog and the police wouldn't do anything.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

1.) Get some photos...fast.
2.) If you hit the brakes hard, did you leave any skid marks / anti-lock marks?
3.) Were there 'any' witnesses on 'your' side?

You may want to research state law, but typically in most states people in the 'right' lane (if I understand your situation correctly) have to 'yield' in a merging situation to people on the left. Also...check with your insurance agent to see if they will help represent you in court, because this situation might take a court proceeding in order to get resolved.

Good Luck,

jcnel.