Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

$8k to drop.. on what parts for best performance?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't do a kit at all, but if you're insistent the GT3071 is probably the best way to make reasonably big power without spooling at 4k or later. Some of the kits mentioned here, no flames needed just do your own research, won't spool until 4500 or 5000 in the real world-- do not believe their marketing claims. that sucks for a street driven car.

I would definitely get an EMS capable of MAP-only and dump the stock MAF/VAF.

btw, I disagree with your entire plan for doing this unless you have a third vehicle. modding your Evo to this extent will eventually mean downtime and not having a spare car will suck badly. or if you want to sell that other car while it's worth something, do that but pick up a reliable <$2,000 beater instead of blowing every last cent on the Evo. I've got two cars and a lot of motorcycles, and I couldn't imagine depending on just one car and modifying the **** out of it-- oh wait, I did exactly that years ago. not fun.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
GO SLOW!!!!!

The worst are these guys that dump a whole bunch of money and then they can't figure out where the problem is when things don't run right.

Start with something like a turbo back exhaust. Then go from there. Maybe a piggyback. I certainly would try to max out the stock turbo, but that's just me.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a simple list of mods that will give you a very very fast street car

3" turbo back $600
3" intake $200
MBC and boost gauge $100
walbro $100
680's $300
FMIC Kit $1000
RnR 50 trim Turbo Kit $2295
272's and studs $700
s-afc or reflash $350

Here is a link to somelse with a similar set up. It is very simple, but makes great power. He put together a good list of mods to make great reliable power.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92690
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

For starters, you should definitely upgrade your exhaust (Turbo Back), then HKS cams with studs, UTec.

Finally, you should give me the rest of the $$$ to me. You can call it advising fee.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just talk to Mark at TurboTrix, you had a dyno from there right? They do great work and he could tell you exactly what you could have. I think you could spend 4-5K and be putting down some nice hp/and use the other 3k for a daily beater. Just my 2 cents.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Look at the sig...The car also just ran FTD (fast time of the day) at Speedventures Willow springs Big track...a Horsepower Track and beat over 25 vettes porsches BMW's and vipers to do it. Buschur Racing!