Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Some questions about the spoiler/GIANT wing in the rear, who wants to buy it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some questions about the spoiler/GIANT wing in the rear, who wants to buy it?

First off, I'm not sure I'm in the right forum so mods feel free to move this thread.

So, I just got my evo and as I've pointed out in my other thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92543 I love it. My one issue though is the wing. It's just not me. I'd love it if I could find someone out there with a silver low profile wing that I can swap out (and some money of course, I'm not giving my CF wing away) so long as the bolt patterns are the same. Can this be done? If so, anyone in the Seattle area want to meet up so we can color match?

Thanks,
Sam
Old Aug 9, 2004, 02:57 PM

....its one of the defining traits of the strain....
Old Aug 9, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatup, you can try the classifieds here, also may want to try the regional forum for a local member.

I sold my wing, and just have some plugs in the holes. I didn't care for the thing and it hurt rearward visibility, esp when it was a cop and you couldn't see his lights, lol.

I tried to sell my wing when I first got the car (Summer 03), tried to trade trunks for a wingless trunk or have someone buy it, but had no luck. I noticed that there were a lot of people asking for wings and was able to get several offers within a few days back in the Spring.

Good luck,

FB
Old Aug 9, 2004, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'll give the regional forum a try, thanks for the tip. It seriously hinders visibility.....

Sam
Old Aug 9, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

My guess is that if someone bought an evo without the wing, it was on purpose and they arent going to want to change that now by trading with ya.

you might have better luck if you traded a lancer owner.. they would be more likely to want to trade and pay because their only spoiler is that low profile one correct?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

ive got a low profile silver trade could be possible im in florida it might be a bigger pain then its worth i think we got to switch trunks