Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is this salavage EVO worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this salavage EVO worth buying?

I was just wondering what the general opinion is about purchasing this wrecked Evo. The sales guy wants $15K plus $600 shipping. I am planning to make this my project car so I don’t need to repair it quickly, but since I am strapped for cash I would be repairing it myself and hopefully for as little as possible. So let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

Also, does anyone recognize this car? It looks like it has some minor mods: exhaust and gauges, so I thought that maybe someone knows something about it.
Attached Thumbnails Is this salavage EVO worth buying?-pic4.jpg   Is this salavage EVO worth buying?-pic2.jpg   Is this salavage EVO worth buying?-pic1.jpg   Is this salavage EVO worth buying?-pic3.jpg  
Old Aug 9, 2004, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aprikh1
I was just wondering what the general opinion is about purchasing this wrecked Evo. The sales guy wants $15K plus $600 shipping. I am planning to make this my project car so I don’t need to repair it quickly, but since I am strapped for cash I would be repairing it myself and hopefully for as little as possible. So let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

Also, does anyone recognize this car? It looks like it has some minor mods: exhaust and gauges, so I thought that maybe someone knows something about it.
I don't know but it looks very expensive to repair...... Unless one could get some of the parts for cheap, it looks like one could easily spend $4K-$5K in parts and more in labor..... There are some nice EVOs for sale with clear titles and no damage for decent prices.......
Old Aug 9, 2004, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

that doesnt look like the worst shape really... headlight will cost like 1100... new fb, new quarter panel, rear alignment
Old Aug 9, 2004, 08:14 PM

its not to bad i make a list of all the stack parts you need and post see what people will sell them for to get an idea.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:43 PM

u see this evo on internet ??? if so don't buy it cuz u don't know if anything else is broken
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:39 PM

This Evo is being sold in Minnesota and I am in Maryland, so I am debating if I should take a flight out there or not. From the pictures that I have seen the rear suspension on the passenger side is pretty missed up. Also the driver side front wheel is dented and so is the passenger front door. The car runs but will need a new oil cooler.

Here are the approximate prices that I found online for random parts:

Bumper $800

Oil Cooler $300

Still looking for a decent deal on the wheels

Side Panel $400

Suspension components ???

Anyway let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder why that car got deemed "salvage". I'm sure there's more damage there than you can see. I'd stay away. I think after you add up the cost of the car and repairs, you'll come close to the price of a good used EVO.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

For me if i buy a salvaged evo, i'll just use it for track/off-road racing.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
I wonder why that car got deemed "salvage". I'm sure there's more damage there than you can see. I'd stay away. I think after you add up the cost of the car and repairs, you'll come close to the price of a good used EVO.
I agree! If I were you I would stay away from it, let alone its a salvage title. If it was that easy to fix then im sure the body shop or the owner would of fixed it themself... Its really not worth it and im sure there are much more things wrong with it then you can imagine...unless you know 100% percent what is wrong with it and know exactly how much the total will be including labor to fix it.... my 2 cents
Old Aug 10, 2004, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt touch it until I could take a look under the car for frame/structural damage. If it has a "salvage" title its probably tweeked.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aprikh1
[

Here are the approximate prices that I found online for random parts:

Bumper $800
[/size][/font]
The front bumper is $425. $150 for the lip on the bumper. A new headlight with the bulbs and balis is $1,100. The rear suspension look damaged so what ever would be needed to repair that. Front fender, oil cooler and possably a rear bumper.
$15,000 is too much when you include all the parts and labor to fix it. By the time you fix it, you could have gotten one with reasonable miles on it for maybe alittle more $ then it would cost to fix this one.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 06:18 AM

Thanks everybody for all the great info. After thinking this over I decided not to purchase this particular EVO. I guess I will keep on looking around until I find the one that is in my price range. Hey if anybody wants to sell theirs for about $20K let me know. J
Old Aug 10, 2004, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

alot of the things u can do urself if u have alil wrenching skill but still alil high