Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Top 100 Sport Compact Cars of All Time [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
considering evo's been around for a while, I think that's proper to rank us #1.

I don't know why STI is way down there.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats awsome but I think what SCC is referring to is the most popular cars that are backed by an infinite array of aftermarket modifications. Civic???? Please. Why would a civic be #2? I would clearly think a Supra or Skyline would be there. Its not there probably b/c of not being cost efficient and the ability/affordability of aftermarket parts/modifications. Just my 2 cents. But I am happy that it shows EVO as #1. Our cars are middle priced and we have an aftermarket thats longer than the great wall of china.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

As much as i love my evo, that countdown is severly flawed.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
Thats awsome but I think what SCC is referring to is the most popular cars that are backed by an infinite array of aftermarket modifications. Civic???? Please. Why would a civic be #2? I would clearly think a Supra or Skyline would be there. Its not there probably b/c of not being cost efficient and the ability/affordability of aftermarket parts/modifications. Just my 2 cents. But I am happy that it shows EVO as #1. Our cars are middle priced and we have an aftermarket thats longer than the great wall of china.
"I think what SCC is referring to is the most popular cars that are backed by an infinite array of aftermarket modifications."

That's civic. You've just answered your own question.

Before anything was ever out, Civic was the BomB! lol. It truely was the first V8 fighters of our generation.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:09 PM

Its all a great cars characteristics put together. Evo is without a doudb the most well balanced car right now.

But hate it or love it, a civic is very influential to the import culture.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
back to the Krylon paint... looks wicked. damn mean. AS soon as I saw that I showed my friend and told her that's what I'm gonna do to my car in a couple more years... a few more dents, dings and scratches, and the its flat / matte black, flat black rims. It does look a little ghetto, but i prefer flat black ghetto to gold package and crhome bling ghetto any day. reminds me of a mean old demoilition derby car or a nasty off road truck or badass old hot rod.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
"I think what SCC is referring to is the most popular cars that are backed by an infinite array of aftermarket modifications."

That's civic. You've just answered your own question.

Before anything was ever out, Civic was the BomB! lol. It truely was the first V8 fighters of our generation.
yeah I know I did, I was thinking that the thread was talking about all around best cars period. What I mean to say is where are the M3s, Z06 vette, 350Z, etc. Car and driver no doubts claims these are some of the best cars available right now. No civics in their figures.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

I don't think they're considered as sports compact. I don't think 350z's been around long enough to be considered all time greatest. It's got no history.

z06 hangs out with the big expensive boys, like viper, m3 is in the same array with z06... so...

I still don't think STI should be left behind. I think without the STI, Evo would of never gotten this good.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

That issue of SCC is a good one, I'm still reading through it.

The guys complaining about the list, please make your own and post it. I'm sure someone will disagree with alot of it. A list like this has to be a royal pain to put together but the SCC guys are knowledgeable and I'm glad they took the time.

The flat black paint rocks. Ghetto is not a flat black, ghetto is blinged out with chrome and some form of your run of the mill "I can't live without attention" color changing paint. Flat black is hardcore

<----- You see, look how hardcore I got just thinking about it. Rediculous

I commend anyone who is brave enough to do such a thing to their car. I thought it was funny how they had an STI and were tossing the wing and they found some dude with a non-STI WRX to take it. I wonder if he felt kind of like an a$$? I think the flat black thing is probably becoming a bit of a trend though. It won't be long before everyone loves it and not long after that they will hate it again, kind of like chrome lights, the strokes and the backstreet boys?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I own/have owned three of the top 20 cars (Type R, 350Z, Evo VIII). The Type R is still my most fave, but as I mod it more, the EVO VIII is slowly replacing it.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

good call Bear, I think you are right about SCC's list.