Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got Sun Damage?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Sun Damage?

On the Carbon fiber top of my wing I got alittle bit of Sun damage, I got the paint protectant, so should that be under warranty??
Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Moving to Evo General.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Warrentee = non existant 95% of the time if you own an Evo... "You probably raced it and got sun dammage from the hot track" or some other BS good luck to you on that though
Old Aug 20, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

If you paid for some kind of exterior finish protection above and beyond the normal price of the car then, by all means, you should take it in and have it looked at. If that is not the case, then who knows what they will cover? Under the basic warranty that came with the car I would have to say that if the damage only affects the look of the part then they won't do much. If the damage affects the strength of the part, such as pealing of the outer finish or delamination (try lightly tapping with a coin and seeing if it sounds different than neighboring, undamaged skin to check for delamination. Tapping delaminated skin will sounds less sharp than good skin), then they will likely do something. Those would be signs of a manufacturing defect. I use a UV protectant wax on the wing every other time I wash it and mine seems to be doing fine.

Best wishes,
f86sabre
Old Aug 20, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

I would think so but Im just worried that if I take it up there they would be like stupid kid.LOL but I dunno Its worth a shot right???? thanks guys for your help.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It should be under warranty even without the protection package. Give em hell!
Old Aug 27, 2004, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

there is a little known TSB about the apeearance of the carbon fiber part of the wing.....you hould go check it out and bring that to the dealer http://www.nhtsa.com/
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah here's a pic of my spoiler. it look like pooop. the deal says there gonna replace it.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

I would have to believe that you would be covered as long as you are not over the mileage for the bumper to bumper part of your warrany. If you are into the drivetrain only part of the warranty you wouldnt be covered.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kataklyzm
there is a little known TSB about the apeearance of the carbon fiber part of the wing.....you hould go check it out and bring that to the dealer http://www.nhtsa.com/
cant find it....