Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car won't start.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ya know.. its possible that if the car sat, moisture/water got under the plug cover and got the plugs/coils wet... change your plugs if you have some time.. Bad gas can cause a problem, but its not as big of an issue with todays gas blends and additives..
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for christ sake its not the gas. Dude ive started trucks that havnt started in years with the same old gas just sittin in the tank. NOTHING to do with the gas. And unless he left the lights on, there is no way the battery would be dead in a brand new car. He already mentioned the battery was ok. So the car is makin a sound when you try to start it, so that rules out the switch behind the clutch pedal. Are you getting a check engine light? If so some wiring could be loose in the engine bay. Also have you messed with the fuel pump? Check the hoses. Are you sure there is gas in the tank? Add a gallon or 2 if you have one of those red gas containers.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

It could be any number of those silly things mentioned above that you would purposely overlook for the sheer thought that,"that cant be the problem". All you can do is start with the possible easy fixes and work your way to the battery being that its the most cost. For 2 weeks, I can hardly imagine what it could be. And yes, I have seen batteries, that just cannot crank any juice to start the car but can dim a light or whatever. Let us know I am sure we all would be curious.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

I'll check my plugs, but I'm not sure it will make too much of a difference. I live in southern California, I don't think moisture is too much of a problem. My plane flite back to civilization is tomorrow afternoon so I'll keep u guys updated. If all else fails, I'll see wut my warranty can do for me, stupid dealers..
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at the Mitsubishi service dealer in Taipei with my Evo 8 and all of a sudden my car wouldnt start either. The interior lights and ignition sound was completely dead. A few mechanics immediatley pushed my car into the work area and found out it was a loose fuse, not exactly what it was. All they did was pop the hood open and played with the fuse box(plug and unplug)and everything was fine. Just to make sure, check all your fuses.

Last edited by Derek888; Aug 31, 2004 at 01:22 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

It turns out it was the timing belt (at least the tow guy says that). So I guess getting that replaced should fix everything.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Bad coils?

Shane
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

So the dealer says that the engine was flooded and that was probably why it didn't want to start. Also, guess what?? Some little kids put a nail into my front tire and stole my badge.