Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I got my Evo wednesday and love it except!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depending on the weather. I usually wash my car ever time I bring it out. I work mon-fri and don't usually have to drive. except on tuesday when i go to the dragstrip.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get them to replace the wing and repaint the car. Or tell them you will sue em. That wing looks like it was vandalized and I am sure the paint looks the same.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

why didn't you examine the car before you signed on the bottom line for the car? always check your car before signing on the bottom line (title agreement, paperwork). once you sign it, the car is yours and thereby used. Now you have to find a way to get the dealer to replace your spoiler and paint. i am sorry that mitsubishi did this. My dealer in new york, white plains mitsubishi, burnt my clutch right in front of me and the best they would offer is a free oil change. Slime all the way. good luck.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, they have already agreed to fix it. most likely you want have to repaint the car. worst case senario(sp) the car would have to be recleared, wet sanded, and rebuffed(by a professional). the swirls are in the clear coat and can't even be felt by your hand rubbing across. the just look like crap. the wing is another story. it's burnt bad enought that is most-likely have to be replaced. just gonna see what the body shop has to say. thanks for the help.

-chad-
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

Originally Posted by dpwurzer
when i bought my car, i told them do not detail my car, i had a choice of a few on the lot, and i chose the one that hadnt been detailed yet. i work at a car dealer, and the guys in charge of detailing new cars usually make $7-9 @ hour, so draw you own conclusions. but whenever i need to get my car detailed, i leave it to the professionals, new the dealer new car guys.

p.s. i even work at a high line car dealer, so it makes no difference what kind of dealer it is, most of the time it is a horrible detail job.
ROFL!!!

I'm glad I didn't let you talk me into that detail "special" you guys were trying to sell me on last year...

l8r)
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:34 PM
Account Disabled

Wow, maybe some dirt got between the covering adhesive they put on during shipment of the cars. When I got my red Evo there was still some of the adhesive on it, which easily came off after some careful removal w/ some speed shine. But yeah my car came w/ some swirl marks too, but I got rid of them after I applied a 3 stage machine polish. Yeah I definitely dont trust anyone else w/ detailing my car.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Ok guys

My Evo will be coming in pretty soon but I don't want this to happen. Honestly though, the sales people and the dealership I'm dealing with have been nothing but nice. I'll really feel like a butt telling them not to touch my car and all this.

Is this a pretty usual request from buyers when buying a new car? I already told them to try and not go take it for a test run or anything and felt bad enough about that.. Being a car dealership, wouldn't they have some decent experience in how to detail a car?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by boostfed
well, they have already agreed to fix it. most likely you want have to repaint the car. worst case senario(sp) the car would have to be recleared, wet sanded, and rebuffed(by a professional). the swirls are in the clear coat and can't even be felt by your hand rubbing across. the just look like crap. the wing is another story. it's burnt bad enought that is most-likely have to be replaced. just gonna see what the body shop has to say. thanks for the help.

-chad-
It might not be a bad idea to get the dealer to agree to whatever estimate the body shop can give you in writing. You'd be in a bad situation if you paid for the fix and the dealer changed their attitude after seeing the repair bill.

Don't forget, you didn't get what you paid for and them getting the car from another dealership is something they should deal with - it's not your problem.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:27 PM

Contact Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America (MMSA)

Contact the Customer Relations Department at Mitsubishi Motors at 1-888-MITSU-2002.

Pierre Gagnon, the president and CEO of Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America: pgagnon@mmsa.com

Greg, O'Neill, the president / COO of Sales Division, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America: goneill@mmsa.com

Head of Customer Service ppetrovich@mmsa.com - Cell Phone 1-714-816-2452

Monica Lewis - Manager, Corporate Communications MLewis@mmsa.com

AMadjeski@mmsa.com
amarbury@mmsa.com
schneider@mmsa.com
bart@mmsa.com
CGeil@mmsa.com
cmoore@mmsa.com
CRoss@mmsa.com
CSprole@MMSA.com
dbetian@mmsa.com
dhenry@mmsa.com
DJones@mmsa.com
dolin@mmsa.com
dwalter@mmsa.com
hthomas@mmsa.com
Hudson.Audio@mmsa.com
jcovington@mmsa.com
jdearie@mmsa.com
jdelello@mmsa.com
jfountain@mmsa.com
jlittle@mmsa.com
jlm@mmsa.com
jshaffer@mmsa.com
jsun@mmsa.com
jwilliams@mmsa.com
kcuster@mmsa.com
kdobbins@mmsa.com
lchick@mmsa.com
LRayner@MMSA.com
Lwu@mmsa.com
mfernwalt@mmsa.com
mkezsely@mmsa.com
mlewis@mmsa.com
MTanimoto@mmsa.com
nmilton@mmsa.com
rbarlow@mmsa.com
SGentry@mmsa.com
smcneal@mmsa.com
sysop@MMSA.com
tarrington@mmsa.com
tneal@mmsa.com
tromero@mmsa.com

Send a message to ALL of them!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The Bear
Ok guys

My Evo will be coming in pretty soon but I don't want this to happen. Honestly though, the sales people and the dealership I'm dealing with have been nothing but nice. I'll really feel like a butt telling them not to touch my car and all this.

Is this a pretty usual request from buyers when buying a new car? I already told them to try and not go take it for a test run or anything and felt bad enough about that.. Being a car dealership, wouldn't they have some decent experience in how to detail a car?
To the bear
You also might wanna tell them to not try the oh we filled the gas tank thing for you. This is how they explained 20 miles on my first Evo. When I told them just roll it off the truck and I will come pick it up. Instead they drove it anyway amd of the corse the salesman was smiling ear to ear when I got there.

To Boostfed
I have seen a few of the older Evo's CF wings have small circular places where the clear coat has come off. But I know they did not wax it with a UV protectorant. Maybe the dealership never used what the owners manual says to use. You should have them on this question ask them if they used a UV protectant wax on the wing.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

My head hurts when i read this
Old Sep 1, 2004, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Did you buy this as a "new" car or "used" new car for you? If new, then hell yea, get them to fix that. If used then I guess your SOL. I will never pay a new price for a car that has over a hundred miles. I remember when I was looking at a new G35 sport coupe and they wouldnt even let me drive it b/c they said people complain about the miles and dont pay full price. Just sharing my experience. BTW I hope you got a great deal on the car.