Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I got my Evo wednesday and love it except!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my Evo wednesday and love it except!!!!!

when I went and pick up the car wednesday I look pretty dang good. it had a couple hundred miles on it from driving it from southern georgia to Knoxville Tn. it was the middle of the day and the paint looked fine. well when I got it home that day I took it to the car wash to spray the dust off of it. note: all I used was the low pressure spot free rinse. as soon as I pulled it into the bay and the floresent(sp) light hit it. I was sick. this car has more swirl marks the my 99 honda civic I had last year, and the carbon fiber part of the wing has dull spots on it. So, I took it over to one of my friends, that does paint and body work. he looked at it and said, " the paint was over buffed and told me to call the dealer ship. He also said that it was bad enought that he might have to wet sand and rebuff the car to make it look right again. He also said that the carbon fiber part of the wing is pretty bad. he hasn't messed with much of it, but he not sure if it's fixable.

SO, what should I do. I figured I would post on here because there's some pretty smart people on here. I'm kinda pissed off because I just bought a car that's supposed to be new, and it looks like ****. I was so embarssed when I took the local friday night drag race/car show. It was obviously in the show area, because I didn't want to be even more emberased trying to race an car that i have no exprience with. please help.

-Chad-

I'll post some pics when the weather clears up. thanks
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and tell the what's going on. Just be nice and extremely patient with them. See what they can do for you.

If you're not satisfied, ask to talk to the sales manager. Same drill.

If not, ask for the regional district manager, if they're big enough to have one.

Then you go to Mitsubishi corporate. There's a number in the package they gave you with the Owner's Manual and Maintenance Schedule.

Get a lawyer if you want. File with the BBB in your state if you feel you've been treated unfairly.

But whatever you do, do not let your friend try to fix the damage. They'll blame him for causing the damage.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

ouch. i'd take it back to the dealership and have em fix it. u shouldn't be embarass about it cause i bet ya alot of other people are drooling over ur car and won't even notice the swirls and the blemishes on ur car. congrats on getting ur lancer and have fun with it.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

yea go back to the dealer and work with them they'll help you out. i went to my dealer last week to get new tires put on, and they scratched the hell out of my wheels. so i went back in the next day and showed them and they are going to send all four of them out and have them refinished. if you go in and keep your cool they will work with you its only when you go in all pissed off and mad that they will tell you to take off.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:30 AM

when i bought my car, i told them do not detail my car, i had a choice of a few on the lot, and i chose the one that hadnt been detailed yet. i work at a car dealer, and the guys in charge of detailing new cars usually make $7-9 @ hour, so draw you own conclusions. but whenever i need to get my car detailed, i leave it to the professionals, new the dealer new car guys.

p.s. i even work at a high line car dealer, so it makes no difference what kind of dealer it is, most of the time it is a horrible detail job.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

well, I just called the dealer ship, and since they are so far away from me, about 2 1/2 hours. they told me if I can find a bodyshop that I can trust, to do a more the satisfactory job, they would foot the bill. Isn't that some great customer service. He told me that there's no body shop around there dealership that's worth going to, but if I can find one he would do whatever it took to help me. that's why there the #1 evo saler in the Us.

-Chad-
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I asked them not to detail the inside of my car when I picked it up. I would have asked them not to detail the outside, but I don't care that much about the exterior so I figured they can save me the hassle.

You're absolutely correct on the low wage detailer. I wouldn't trust them.

I would be careful about the dealer footing the bill. Get the shop to call the dealer and get it in writing before doing any work because you will be stuck with the bill. Remember. They're salespeople. They will say whatever they have to to get you to believe them.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I won't have anything done to the car untill I get some more definate from the dealer. I'm gonna try my hardest to get them to help me out. and they seem pretty easy to work with, but in all honesty the car is gonna have to be fixed weither they pay or not. I can't not and will not have a car that look like that. I'm such a neat freak when it come to my cars. they're my pride and joy. thanks for the help. I'll keep yall updated

-chad-
Old Aug 21, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

I told the dealer not to detail my car. It had the white protection plastic stuff on it when i picked it up a few months ago. I inspected it for dents and other imperfections, and all was okay.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

well here's a pic of the wing. does anyone else wing look like this. the deal said they thought it was from the sun. but when you look hard at it. it look like cut marks from a buffer. the dealer I bought it from didn't buff it. they brought it from anouther dealer out of state.

Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

I've seen a bunch of Evo's and I've never seen a wing that looks bad like that. I would say it is definitely from a buffer.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, that's crap, it looks like the took 600 grit to it! In this instance, you neet to fight for your rights!

I traded in my WRX for my Evo on May 18, then I went to Army OCS. Low and behold, in July, I was afforded the opportunity to call my family, and my mother broke the news to me that my WRX had not been paid off yet! My poor mother had to waste her time to get the situation squared away. What is wrong with some of these Mitsu dealers. Those jackasses almost destroyed my credit because the "forgot" to pay off the title of a car that was no longer mine.

Now I am still waiting on my registration. It has been over 3 months. I sure hope that CA DMV is backlogged, and that my Mitsu dealer just didn't "forget" to file!

I truly feel for you! I wish you good luck!
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

BTW, I know how you feel! The Evo still doesn't cease to amaze me. I just love this car. It puts a grin on my face, Even in bone stock fashion. Tonight I am going to try to hook up my SBC-id tonight. 19PSI to redline baby!

I had a full TEIN RA setup on my WRX with swaybars, and bushings and all the rigidity mods, plus Brembo brakes. That WRX does not even shake a distant stick at the Evo in stock form!

If you can't tell, I am just thrilled with this machine!

Once again,

Good luck with getting your paint job squared away.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
I've seen a bunch of Evo's and I've never seen a wing that looks bad like that. I would say it is definitely from a buffer.
Ya, dude...that wing looks like shiat...the dealer needs to fix it...

Glad you're enjoying your new Evo, though...wait until you start modding it...
Old Aug 21, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

I would be pissed. That's cool that they are willing to help out. I'm the same way I must wash my car 2 to 3 times a week. Not wax just wash it.