Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thief caught in the act!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thief caught in the act!

Ever since I had my Evo vandalized at my apts, I set up a camera watching over my car. The past 2 days, neighbors have come up to me asking me if I have any videos of people breaking into their cars. Thing is they don't park where my camera is. 3 cars living here has had their radios stolen, and one car had a credit card stolen out of it and used. So as I was reviewing the surveillance videos at around the time they estimated (5am two days ago), I caught this one girl in a hooded sweater (middle of summer ) trying to find a way into my car. Yes, I have an aftermarket radio and that's probably what she wanted:

http://www.longviewvision.com/other/breakin.zip
(turn up the brightness)

I also caught her looking right at the camera, walking away, tapping on my camera from behind it, getting into another car a few cars down from me (apparently unlocked), then left. Then two dudes came and joined her. I can't tell if they took anything, cuz the resolution isn't the greatest. I don't even know if it's enough to convict anyone, but let me know. These videos are going to the cops tomorrow.

UPDATE*********************************
I just got confirmation from the lady who owns the jaguar (few cars down from where I park) that her radio was stolen that same night. The owner doesn't lock her car cuz it's too hard to unlock from the outside. It's a shame, I always see her out there waxing and buffing her car. I got the whole thing recorded in my videos. Interesting thing is, they steal it in 2 minutes. Here's a video of (I'm assuming the same girl with the hood down) just walking into the car and joined by 2 other dudes.

http://www.longviewvision.com/other/breakin2.zip

Last edited by Thoe99; Aug 21, 2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

chances are they wont come back but still be extra careful. They might be pissed that you caught em so they could hurt your car bad. Keep the camera there and install some motion detector lights and tell your sheriffs that all the neighbors are complaining. This happened around my neighborhood which was supposedly a very good one with these punks coming from far away to jack stuff. The cops regularly patrol up near our hills now which is a good thing for my valuables but a bad thing for my touge runs.
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice work man.. post up the ones of her face You never know what someone with good photo editing skills could do with this. If it's not too late you could also check for finger prints?
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistasparkle
chances are they wont come back but still be extra careful. They might be pissed that you caught em so they could hurt your car bad. Keep the camera there and install some motion detector lights and tell your sheriffs that all the neighbors are complaining. This happened around my neighborhood which was supposedly a very good one with these punks coming from far away to jack stuff. The cops regularly patrol up near our hills now which is a good thing for my valuables but a bad thing for my touge runs.
I agree with you about keeping it quiet. There's pros and cons to that. Making it known, they may throw rocks at my car next time and won't be in view of the camera. If I keep it quiet, this **** will keep happening again and again at other people's expenses. This area is under (I forget the term) cop patrol, cuz of all the incidents that have increased in the past year. My videos show a cop going by every now and then, but you know what? It doesn't do anything. Ironically, this area is a pretty affluent suburb too. I've told the managers to send out flyers making people aware of the situation and to keep an eye out. I just want this crap prevented. It really angers the hell out of me that people do this stuff.
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Very nice work man.. post up the ones of her face You never know what someone with good photo editing skills could do with this. If it's not too late you could also check for finger prints?
No fingerprints on my car or the camera lens. But I got a nice shot of the girl with a big schnoz (again, not too great of resolution).

Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

That's actually kind of freaky! I think you're doing the right thing though. I hope they are able to catch her. Good luck and good job!
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

fu*kin bi*ch...
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Look at this.. she looks like a ghost or something lol.. too bad the cam was so poor quality
Attached Images  
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Old Aug 21, 2004 | 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Shoot the b*tch!
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Stupid *****, I hope she gets what's coming to her!
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like a clip from Sightings! lol kinda scary..
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Shoot the b*tch!
Seriously!!
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I lived in Texas for 6 years, cant you shoot somebody to protect your property?
Old Aug 21, 2004 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Only in Texas. Unless someone is a direct threat, ie. they have a knife or if you actually catch them in your house then I don't think you can shoot em. Its really a state by state issue. Up here you can't shoot someone if they are a direct threat using a gun solely for that purpose, meaning you can't keep a glock around for home protection.