Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

can evo reach up to 500hp?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Exactly.

Welcome to EvoM dude, hope you enjoy the car when you get it!
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously though spend some time in the newbie section and you will learn lots, its probably where this will be moved to in a matter of time anyway
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:40 PM

truu truu.. i still have lots of time to learn
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by azn_spik3_b4ll
how much u think i need to spend to make it have about 700hp?

Trust me you don't want an evo with that much power, it wouldn't be any fun as a daily driver. After some time reading here you will find that to be true I'm sure.
To answer you question my guess would be no less than 25k.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:51 PM

oh, ok.. i juss wanted to kno bout evo a lil bit more.. the main things imma get is exhaust, bov, and some gauges.. do u kno ne good ones?
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
Your just graduating and you want a 500+ hp Evo.... nice knowing you will be dead withen a week.... sounds to me you know little to nothing about cars.... if you got so much money why don't you get a viper or something if your ganna kill yourself with this much power might as well go out with a V10 engine.
classic
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:25 PM

oh wow.. only 4100 to make evo 775hp?? thats all u need is that turbo kit?
yeah thats ALL u need

lol do that and invite me to the unveiling, ur gonna a) stall off the line or b) blow up ur engine and waste all that money
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

775 hp with no suporting mods deffinately B most likely crack the entire block and rip the drivetrain to shreads along with blowing the clutch into pieces.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by John4321
I was waiting for the haters, just a matter of time but they always chime in. Is there anything wrong with not knowing much about cars and wanting to? Thats what this place is for, learning. Give him credit he's trying to learn 8 months in advance about a car he doesn't own yet.
nothing wrong with knowing nothing and wanting to learn

but there IS something wrong with someone who knows nothign and wants 500hp in his car when he's most likely never driven stick before

its easy to plan but execution is the hard part

i can plan out the rest of my life but its gonna be a ***** to stick with it

if it's his first car his best bet is to start small and then work up into the big leagues, even if i had the money i wouldnt get an evo right away because even in it's stock form its limit is far superior to mine and its foolish for anyone who's just starting out to think otherwise
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:39 PM

oh, ok.. i juss wanted to kno bout evo a lil bit more.. the main things imma get is exhaust, bov, and some gauges.. do u kno ne good ones?
jesus christ, learn more about the engineering before u get into the specific models
if you dont even know what they do how can u make sure ur not buying a piece of tin which can kill ur engine

if you're even going to take it over 400bhp u would nearly have to replace every single piece of the car asside from the chassis

brakes, suspension, transmission, clutch, pistons, con rods, cams, intake manafold, cold air intake, exhaust manafold, downpipe, muffler, tires, turbo kit, intercooler, bov or rbov, switch out the front diff for an lsd, brake lines, the ecu, ect

do yourself a favour, buy a used car and do some work with that before getting an evo, the only thing that can come out of an 1yr old with a ton of cash and a really fast car that he cant drive is a 30 car pileup
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe I am reading this. Why????? Haters come on why does anyone on here even post if people are going to ask these type of Q's.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

why is it when someone ask a simple little question, the majority of the members on this board become as*holes. there is never a reason to get rude with someone because of a simple question. first off, he probably didnt know about the newbie section or the search option. he even stated that he wasnt gonna get the car for at least 8 more months. thats plenty of time for him to read around this board, others m-boards, and magazines to learn what to do or not do with a car (evo or not).

dont just assume that he is gonna put a 775hp kit on his car and just go racing around the city. maybe he wants this car as a project car for the track or even for show. there is plenty of people around the world that drive big 500hp+ machines on the street without getting into accidents. stop making a*ses out of yourself by assuming anyone under 25 with an Evo or anyother car with similar power is just an accident risk wanting to happen. cause there is plenty people on this board under 25 and i'm pretty sure they are responsible with this car. everyone was young once and i'm sure some of you had your fair share of powerful cars without having any accidents. at least that was your fault.

let him do what he wants with a Evo (if he gets one). we dont know his true intent for the car. most of use have modded out our cars and dont fully use it potential on a road track or drag strip. we mostly just do it because we love to tune cars and unleash their true potentials.

by the way (just my observation and opinion. not tryin to take shots at anyone)
sh*t i thought SRT-4 owners were arrogant, know-it-all as*holes, but at times some evo owners just take the cake. sorry for the rant.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to thank azn_spik3_b4ll for giving me so much to hate on...

hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Seriously though dude, learn how to spell. The kewl d00d way of spelling makes my eyes bleed.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
jesus christ, learn more about the engineering before u get into the specific models
if you dont even know what they do how can u make sure ur not buying a piece of tin which can kill ur engine

if you're even going to take it over 400bhp u would nearly have to replace every single piece of the car asside from the chassis

brakes, suspension, transmission, clutch, pistons, con rods, cams, intake manafold, cold air intake, exhaust manafold, downpipe, muffler, tires, turbo kit, intercooler, bov or rbov, switch out the front diff for an lsd, brake lines, the ecu, ect

do yourself a favour, buy a used car and do some work with that before getting an evo, the only thing that can come out of an 1yr old with a ton of cash and a really fast car that he cant drive is a 30 car pileup

Other than the last paragraph, which I tend to agree with, most everything you posted above is incorrect...the stock engine and drivetrain is good for over 400 WHEEL HP, not just 400 bhp...you don't have to rebuild the entire car for 400 HP...
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1

More haters! First off to get near 400 bhp all you'd need is intake, exhaust, and say an AEM EMS. Cams, cam gears, and intercooler (+pipes) would slaughter 400 bhp.

I agree he shouldn't be aiming for a 500hp evo with his current knowledge, but who knows, after 8 months he might have learned a lot. I know I did. And I won't go into my details, that's what search is for right.

Quick Reply: can evo reach up to 500hp?