Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

659 horsepower to the wheels!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy sweet mother
Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Making power is not that big of a deal.. slap on a big turbo, add aggressive cams etc. and anything can dyno high numbers..... I am more curious to see how the engine/drivtrain will work in the long run making that kind of power. How realistic it really is for a 'street' car.

Back in the day none of us were really sure if the 2JZ could maintain reliability with larger turbo (s) but it seems they hold up amazingly good.

Since I am new to the Mitsu camp, how well does our engine/drivetrain fare with 500+ whp?

Any info or links to related threads would be great.
(Sorry if the info is posted in the forums, couldnt find it)
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrownPoop
Making power is not that big of a deal.. slap on a big turbo, add aggressive cams etc. and anything can dyno high numbers..... I am more curious to see how the engine/drivtrain will work in the long run making that kind of power. How realistic it really is for a 'street' car.

Back in the day none of us were really sure if the 2JZ could maintain reliability with larger turbo (s) but it seems they hold up amazingly good.

Since I am new to the Mitsu camp, how well does our engine/drivetrain fare with 500+ whp?

Any info or links to related threads would be great.
(Sorry if the info is posted in the forums, couldnt find it)

Its not that easy to get big power by just slapping on a big turbo and aggressive cams.. the car needs to be tuned and tuned right.. it also needs the supporting mods.... i have 450whp on pump and only 22-23psi with the same turbo Al got his 659whp... and drive my car everyday and race it from time to time... my stock engine and drivetrain is holding up great.. it all goes down to how good of a driver you are and how well you maintain your car
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

I understand you but you are not getting my point, yes it is easy to make big power.... it isnt rocket science....

Slap on a big enough turbo like a t51r SPL and JUN 272's on an EVO and I guarantee you it will make big power even with poor tuning... atleast for a couple of dyno pulls =)

I am not saying that tuning isnt important, I know tuning is VERY important.. that is besides the point.... and obviuosly you need supporting mods, that is assumed. I am not discounting what AL and AMS has done, congratulations to them on a great job!

The point of my post was about longevity of big power and how it relates to our car and the 'streetability' of it.

I am glad to hear that your car is handling 450rwhp on daily driving.. do you drive with 22-23psi most of the time?

I am just curious how far I should take my EVO, I really dont want to deal with super high HP and the mechanical gremlins and lag that comes along with that.

so 450rwhp is reasonable for a daily driver?

what all does the EVO need to hold that power?
bigger better: clutch, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, dp, manifold, turbo, bov, fmic, piping.. what else?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I think you underestimate the ability to make hp. Sure its easy for a shop or person that has had experience doing it for a long time. But I see many many cars around this area, and on internet boards that have tons of parts and money thrown at them that wont make dick for power. I see cars that come into the shop that people are expecting 450+ wheel hp and they only lay down 300 or so. They think they have the right combination of parts and they dont. Even the best tuning in the world wont help these cars, because the car just wont mechanicly make the hp.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

ok, fine.... it is very hard to make power.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

it took me 85,000 dollars and 8 months to have that power from JUN i shipped my car to them and it took me 8 months waiting for my beast thats without the 1 month going and 1 month coming back on the ship, but worth waiing for guys. i love my beast, the last race i had with a 1300 CC suzuki HAYABUSA motorcycle and i passed him from rolling 30 miles ....he was ashamed big time and thats where i knew that my evo was very powerful but what kills me most is that the fuel is very expensive i use only C16 or C12 for normal boost , but if i want to boost it for 33 psi i have to use the C16. its ok and i love it, i will post some pics soon i only have the pics b4 the installations of the CF parts and the body kits if you want here it goes..
Attached Thumbnails 659 horsepower to the wheels!!!!-111.jpg  
Old Aug 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

I hope that 85000 you spent was not just on the motor because after that much being spent you should have alot more than 650 whp. I do know what it costs to build a car; I have built and raced quite a few.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 07:44 PM

For those of you making this kind of incredible power, what's the story with tires. Most of us on stock advans, with stock engines are going through tires pretty quickly. What type and size tires do you have to run to hold this power? Can tires that size even fit? Sorry if this is getting off topic.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

dude my car is not 450 hp, as i mentioned b4 its a 709 WHP dynoed!!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JUN EVO
LOL.....If you see/talk to Kei Tanaka say hello from me (Nick from sweden) met him when i was in the small shop.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

lol. I remember this guy. He came on a long time ago, after he just got his car back from Jun. Everyone heckled him like crazy then he left.

Welcome back

Pretty badass evo ya got there.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Jun Data (whatever the Jun guy programmed for all the upgrades and octane level in HK / China)
Jun guy to tune the car at the end of July.
Custom made Jun exhaust (from front pipe back) full 90mm titanium with no bending (optional muffler or straight pipe for track use)
Jun Cam / valve springs / sprockets
Jun A+B re-inforcement
custom rebuilding blow-off valves (using stock)
HKS VPro/ Harness/ sensor
air suction kit
Trust boost controller
NSK spark plugs
SARD fuel pump/ regulator
ORC single plate clutch / flywheel (changed to HKS Twin Plate)
brake lines
Koyo radiator

Never said your car was 450 whp. By the way what turbo setup and block(stroker) are you using, you didnt mention it in your list of mods. You have a dyno sheet for it? I would like to see the hp and torque curves.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrownPoop
ok, fine.... it is very hard to make power.

lol you took the short way. Yes I agree with you 4g63 is very responsive to modes and ask me with my turbo kit on stock engine I made more than 150 whp with race gas (no cams no intake no cat) However reaching the 500whp and above gets a bit tricky (not hard since parts for our EVOS have been around for ever) all you need is some $$$ . Now if you ask me do I believe in an everyday 650 whp EVO I will say you are J/k because you spool @ 5k rpm so a civic will kill you on the streets until you have spool by next light . EVOS are not really made for drag racing ( my opinion and Japan opinion and Europe opinion) . But you could make them still they were made for track quick spool cars that you can enjoy @ 3K RPM. Our stock trany will NOT hold that power for a long time that's for sure.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

it took me 85,000 dollars and 8 months to have that power from JUN i shipped my car to them and it took me 8 months waiting for my beast thats without the 1 month going and 1 month coming back on the ship, but worth waiing for guys. i love my beast, the last race i had with a 1300 CC suzuki HAYABUSA motorcycle and i passed him from rolling 30 miles ....he was ashamed big time and thats where i knew that my evo was very powerful but what kills me most is that the fuel is very expensive i use only C16 or C12 for normal boost , but if i want to boost it for 33 psi i have to use the C16. its ok and i love it, i will post some pics soon i only have the pics b4 the installations of the CF parts and the body kits if you want here it goes..
wow... I'm so impressed. Can I suck your d*ick?

you super macho man you....

Quick Reply: 659 horsepower to the wheels!!!!