Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

659 horsepower to the wheels!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
lol you took the short way. Yes I agree with you 4g63 is very responsive to modes and ask me with my turbo kit on stock engine I made more than 150 whp with race gas (no cams no intake no cat) However reaching the 500whp and above gets a bit tricky (not hard since parts for our EVOS have been around for ever) all you need is some $$$ . Now if you ask me do I believe in an everyday 650 whp EVO I will say you are J/k because you spool @ 5k rpm so a civic will kill you on the streets until you have spool by next light . EVOS are not really made for drag racing ( my opinion and Japan opinion and Europe opinion) . But you could make them still they were made for track quick spool cars that you can enjoy @ 3K RPM. Our stock trany will NOT hold that power for a long time that's for sure.
cool.. thx for the feedback.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ultor
lol. I remember this guy. He came on a long time ago, after he just got his car back from Jun. Everyone heckled him like crazy then he left.

Welcome back

Pretty badass evo ya got there.

This guy has a true JDM EVO his money was spent in the strongest Japanese after market manufacture in the WORLD (JUN). He spent so much but now he has a TRUE car that is made for track, drag and to kill bikes. I have seen his car its no joke.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pruven
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about a turbo kit that we just dynoed here at our shop, and we were very impressed. We were impressed with the quality, fittment, horsepower, etc... It's the AMS GT35R kit. We are here at the shop right now and I am so excited about the kit, that I had to post about it. The car we dynoed is Al Friedman's ( We all know AL) evo - the DynoFlash Evo 8 which is currently on the cover of Turbo Magazine and which is also sponsored and worked on by our shop Pruven Performance, and before with the custom HKS turbo kit his car dynoed somewhere around 560 horsepower to the wheels (which by itself is impressive). All he did was bolt on the AMS turbo kit and change his cams to the same JUN 272 which we run in our shop Evo! He put down another 100 wheel horsepower with those 2 changes. Notice that the spool up is actually faster and by 5,000 rpms it is already making an additional 130 whp more than the old kit. I am very excited with his results as I have said earlier, and will be calling Martin at AMS for a turbo kit myself tomorrow. I hope they are in stock. So far it seems to be the perfect turbo kit. I can't wait to get it on our shop car! With a little bit of tuning and with the mods on our car, I don't see why we couldn't break 700 horsepower (without nitrous) fairly easily. Hopefully we can have this on our car by the big race on Sept 11th at Englishtown.
I am posting the dyno sheet to show the difference between the old turbo kit and the new one. It's very inspiring. I can't wait to see what Mr. Friedman runs at the track with this kit, then again I can't wait to see what we run either!! Thanks AMS for making a great turbo kit.

Dan @ Pruven Performance
Congrats!
Looks like the car is spooling great, just like with small nitrous shot.
What is the actual airfuel ratio that you guys tuned for?
What boost? 35psi?

George
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost Solutions
Congrats!
Looks like the car is spooling great, just like with small nitrous shot.
What is the actual airfuel ratio that you guys tuned for?
What boost? 35psi?

George
Are you implying that this car is spraying??? please be more specific.

Eric
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I think he meant that the car is spooling great, just like if you were using a 35 shot. Whether he implied anything by that or not, I can't say, but it spools nice for a big boy.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

The Turbo spools awesome without nitrous. I cant imagine what it would spool like with it because our customers (as far as I know) and ourselves have never even tried it. I have several dyno sheets with very similar cars and they all spool that quick. Martin designed the housing for our GT35R's and did an awesome job of it.

Eric
Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Az3ar you have seen my car man? are you from where i am from?

anyways answers:
- i am not using NOS and my car is not a daily driver.
- yes i can drag race in that car and believe me you won't believe the results!!
- i can only go to 2.2 bar when i have C16 gas in the tank
- more info.. or visit http://www.junauto.co.jp/processing/4g63/index.html

VEHICLE MITSUBISHI LACNER EVOLUTION V CP9A ENGINE TYPE 4G63 BORE / STROKE 85.5mm / 94.0mm TOTAL ENGINE DISP. 2159cc COMPRESSION RATIO 8.5 : 1 MAX BOOST 2.0 kg/cm2 MAX POWER 575ps / 7200rpm MAX TORQUE 64.5kgm / 5500rpm SETUP PARTS CAMSHAFT JUN High Lift Camshaft(Solid type)
INT 272-10.8 / EXH 272-10.8 VALVE Stock VALVE SPRING JUN Racing Valve Spring VALVE RETAINER JUN Titanium Vavle Retainer HEAD GASKET Original PISTON JUN Super Piston(STROKER KIT) CONNECTING ROD JUN Super Connecting Rod(STROKER KIT) CRANKSHAFT JUN Full-counter Crankshaft(STROKER KIT) TURBINE TRUST TD06SH 25G WESTE GATE TRUST High flow type-c BOOST CONTROLLER TRUST Profec B spec. INTERCOOLER TRUST 2 Layer Type PIPING JUN Prototype aluminum 70mm-80mm INT MANIFOLD JUN Prototype EXH MANIFOLD JUN Prototype MUFFLER JUN Prototype (Titanium straight type) OIL COOLER Stock+TRUST16 Layer W core type ENGINE OIL NEO OIL 20W-50 RADIATOR JUN 3 Layer Type FUEL CONTROLLER V-PRO (SPL-DATA) FUEL INJECTOR JUN Injector 890cc FUEL PUMP BOSCH Twin CLUTCH CUSCO Twin (Pull type) TRANSMISSION RS Cross DIFF RATIO 4.529 LSD F: CUSCO RS C: CUSCO soft viscous R: CUSCO RS TIRE ADVAN A048-S-255/40/17 or 265/35/18 WHEEL ADVAN RG 9.5J-17+35 9.5j-18+35 SUSPENSION ZEEL SUPER FUNCTION JUN spec. BRAKE ENDLESS 6pot 345mm kit & ENDLESS PAD
Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

one more thing i changed the gear ratio from
4.529 to 4.111 for the 208 mile topspeed!!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
This guy has a true JDM EVO his money was spent in the strongest Japanese after market manufacture in the WORLD (JUN). He spent so much but now he has a TRUE car that is made for track, drag and to kill bikes. I have seen his car its no joke.
Didn't I say I remembered him from before, after he got his car back from JUN?

Kinda wierd that you reiterated what I already said
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:59 PM

JUN EVO post the dyno sheet!

My only question is it says 575ps in the JUN discription you posted, so how can it make 709whp?

Also can the t67-25g support 709 whp all turbo? I'll let the pro's answer this one because I have no clue. personaly through my readings I always thought the 25g can only handle 600-650flywheel hp.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Jun Evo I think you are the first member that brags about there car more then the vendors on this site do. LOL you have a nice car but take it easy bud this isnt a popularity contest.

Eric
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Jun Evo I think you are the first member that brags about there car more then the vendors on this site do. LOL you have a nice car but take it easy bud this isnt a popularity contest.

Eric

Agreed ,, i think if i had 80k to put into a car, it wouldnt be an evo ..

Mark
turbotrix
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

80,000 what? Pesos? Rupies? Magic: The Gathering cards? Depends on what the exchange rates are. I mean this guy is obviously not from the US when he's driving a JUN tuned VII.

I've seen several Supras with that kind of loot invested, and if I could have a car that could do what they do straightline AND handle good on the track, I'd do it. It's fun to dream about stuff like that. But don't hate because somebody actually up and did it. That guy JoCCe claimed to have like 150K+ invested or something crazy like that, if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Agreed ,, i think if i had 80k to put into a car, it wouldnt be an evo ..

Mark
turbotrix

Amen...

I think I'd have to put a GT3 in the garage
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
80,000 what? Pesos? Rupies? Magic: The Gathering cards? Depends on what the exchange rates are. I mean this guy is obviously not from the US when he's driving a JUN tuned VII.

I've seen several Supras with that kind of loot invested, and if I could have a car that could do what they do straightline AND handle good on the track, I'd do it. It's fun to dream about stuff like that. But don't hate because somebody actually up and did it. That guy JoCCe claimed to have like 150K+ invested or something crazy like that, if I remember correctly.
I dont think anyone is hating the guy especially the vendors which have nice cars themselves. A lot of us have tons of money invested in our cars but we dont make a big deal about it. Vendors make a fuss about their cars because its their business to, its advertising.

Quick Reply: 659 horsepower to the wheels!!!!