Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My first trip to the drag strip...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first trip to the drag strip...

And it was killer fun. Got to see some monsters. The track was in Dallas, GA. Think it's called southeastern dragway. From stock celicas to full blown rail cars I got to see some serious power.

Anyways, I got to run twice after finally finding some pants to wear and having to make another trip back to the entrance for my tech card.

I ran against an svt focus both times, I knew the guy so was cool.

First run was so bad I didn't even get the slip for it. He said I ran a 9.2 and he ran a 10 something. (This is an 1/8 mile track).

The whole staging area is inclined uphill so it was killing a lot of people's launches in the less powered cars.

My second run was 1.1 R/T, 2.054 60' and 9.076 @ 77.14. I thought this was pretty good considering I didn't get a chance to launch. ( I found out you can't move once you're staged. So right after the guy told me this, he walked away and the lights started. I had like a split second to punch the gas.)

All in all was pretty fun. Got to learn a little more about my car. Will definately come back again and soon.

Slip:
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

the track is so fun! once you get a little more comfortable with the track rules, and the staging lights it is even more fun. then add in learning to launch and drive the evo properly and look out! with your mods, you have an easy .5-.8 seconds to shave off with better driving. enjoy!
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wizard_of_Evo
the track is so fun! once you get a little more comfortable with the track rules, and the staging lights it is even more fun. then add in learning to launch and drive the evo properly and look out! with your mods, you have an easy .5-.8 seconds to shave off with better driving. enjoy!
That's good to hear, hope to break the 8's next time, so close!