Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This F'n blows...I need some help please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drmosh
Likely story... your rear end slid out magically...

Were you driving a Viper or something and mistakened it for your EVO?

Never said magically so get your facts straight. Besides you weren't there so you have no idea about the circumstances of what happened and you aren't god so you don't know exactly why my rear end came loose for a second. Like I said I wasn't hammering on the car...I was pulling out normaly into traffic.

My car has almost 20k on the odometer and the tires are pretty worn down but not shot...yet. It was very cool outside, not hot, and the humidity was at 70% (yes I checked) so the ground could have been holding residual water due to all the rain we have had in the last few days (doubtful but possible). Just because you don't believe me doesn't mean what I said happened didn't...I asked for help from people...not criticism.

Thanks anyways!
Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you to everyone that has chimed in with some advice. As I said before I have a perfectly clean driving record...I don't screw around when I drive...that is when accidents happen. I appreciate all of the advice you have given and I have talked to a few people that I know that are in the court systems and they have agreed with the fact the officed conducted himself poorly and that he didn't follow procedure...but proving that to a judge will be the hard part. As I look back on it...the one that ran up to my car was a TOTAL @$$...and honestly in my mind extreamly out of line. But that is all up to my lawyer and a judge now I would suppose.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 04:36 PM

My opinion i dont think u should be woried about it. whats the judge going to say an off duty cop decides to be a dick out of his juristriction so complains about u if i were a judge id tell that cop to mind his own f**cking buisnes. if your driving record is good, your all good plus how many 31 year old guys with kids want to **** around on the street and risk it all for some dumb ****. this **** happens to me all the time i have cops harracing me evry day but i never get pulled over cause they can never find me doing anything wrong. just cause im 17 years old driving a brand new car they think im some kind of drug dealer or something. i bust my *** working for what i have and should be able to enjoy it. i have nothing to hide so just be comfident and upfront and ull have nothing to worry about my uncle is a cop he says u shouldent worry about most of the time they drop the **** in court if not the worst is probably driving school.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Fck........that sucks dude, good luck with everything. Cops are *****'s 98% of the time.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me about 1 year ago. I was heading down to Atco on a Friday after work to get some runs in. The weather was nice and I was crusing down an unfimular road doing about 60 in a 55 on a 2 lane highway (one lane in each direction). When all of a sudden this Jeep SUV gets on my *** and starts to ride me. I wasn't really worried about it cause I was in a good mood ready to have a good time at the track, plus I knew the guy wasn't going to go anywhere because the road was double yellow the entire time I was on it and plus there was traffic in front of me. So I maintained my speed of 60 MPH and kept crusing... about 2 miles later this guy figures he doesn't want to stay behind me anymore and decides to pass me in a no passing zone. So i figured it was better to keep this guy behind me rather then have him try to get in front of me and do a brake check. Now picture this slow *** Jeep Cherokie is trying to pass my mid 13s VR6... ain't going to happen. I just kept it in fifth and walked him up to about 75 untill I got close enough to the car in front of me where he either was going to have to keep going to let off and get behind me. Sure enough he does the latter and begins to ride my ***... again.

Fast forward about 5 miles down the road and this guy is still behind me riding my ***. Now in my younger days I would have slamed the brakes on and tried to scare the crap out of this fool but I'm not as young and imature as I used to be plus I didn't want to endanger anyone else. I'd almost forgot about him at this point because I was still in a good mood but I came to a stop sign and see this fool jump out of his jeep and start heading towards my car. Not wanting to be trapped in the car incase this fool starts swinging I jump out and met the guy half way. He is a mid 40's looking guy in a suit and I could see how pissed off he was without even saying a word, first impression was that he's not going to be a threat physically. Then As he's walking up to me I see him reaching in his back pocket for something. My senses told me something was about to happen and to get out of the way but it was too late, he held his hand up to my face and showed me his badge. Now all these things ran threw my mind; what if I hit the guy. what if I did brake check him... who knew what was about to happen. He said he was an attorney general of the NJ gaming commision and told me he called the police and I need to wait here cause they are on their way and I was going to jail. I'm like "going to jail, for what" he said " you made an unsafe traffic condition by not allowing me to pass". I said why was I going to slow for you... is that why you felt the need to pass me in a no passing zone. Again he said "your going to wait here untill the police come and your going to have your car impounded and go to jail". I honestly thought this fool was crazy or something so I'm like sure I'll wait here for the cops to show up.

Well get back in my car and after about 30 seconds I realized this guy probably knows some cops and if I wait around who knows whats going to happen so I decided to continue on my way. I pulled back onto the intersection and headed towards my destanation which was about 3 miles down the road. The guys sees me doing this and runs back in his jeep and starts chasing me... again. By this time there are about 4 cars in between us and I'm just driving down the road doing the speed limit. I can see in my rearview mirror this guy is passing people on the left and right sholder trying to get behind me agian, he flashing and blowing his horn trying to get people to move over . Finally after about 2 miles of driving like an *** this fool gets behind me agian, its at that time I realize that I didn't really see his badge to well and I am starting to fear for my safety thinking this guy isn't a real attorney general. So I decide to pull into the local WAWA on Jackson Road in Atco, NJ; a well populated area incase this guy tried anything funny I had witnesses.

So I park my VW and he tried to block me in with his jeep; more on that in a second. I politely walk up and ask to see his identification again to verify he is who he said. From what I could tell the badge looked legit, but I'm know expert. Something still was in my mind, if this guy called the cops over 20 minutes ago where are they??? I did a quick assment of the situation and decided it was far better to let them catch up to me another time then wait for his boys to show up and have him tell them who knows what cause his pissed! So I threw my VW in reverse easely went around his poor park job. Made a left out the wawa and headed to atco... again. Now this guy parked SO messed up trying to "block" me in that he had to do a 12pt turn to get out of the parking lot... lol. I'm threw the intersection on my way to the track (doing the speed limit) when he finally gets on Jackson Rd. I figured it would be better to not have this guy know where I was going to be spending the next few hours even though I knew my friends would be there if anything went down. I just drove around Atco NJ for about 20 minutes until he finally got bored and turned off! Ha. I felt good after that one, and about one year later still nothing has happened. Even if this guy was for real he still had no justificaiton to doing what he did. And his actions were FAR worse then what I did... I just wish I wrote his badge # or something down so I could report he to his supervisor.

I guess them moral of the story is don't give up, make them catch you. Good luck dude.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Rule 1: Don't drive like an *** unless you're ready to run from the cops and accept those consequences.
Rule 2: In order to not drive like an ***, take a high performance driving school and learn how your car behaves in extreme situations
Rule 3: Don't pull over unless you see strobes, a uniform and a ticket book.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I'd go to court and fight it for 2 reasons. 1) It was out of the other cops jurisdiction and 2) The cop that wrote the ticket didnt even witness it. He probably wont even appear in court. And if he did he would have to call the other cop who is in a different jurisdiction to show up as a witness. He's probably not even going to have time for that. Dont worry about a lawyer, if the cop that wrote the ticket shows up, plead no contest, and explain what happened. You'll be fine.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some advice... the court appearance is to contest or plead guilty. If you plead not guilty the judge may give you a chance to explain and may not. If you can tell him he may dismiss it but most likely you'll get refered to a hearing.

A lot of judges hate having hearings if the case seems "full of holes..." thus be calm and if he/she lets you speak be nice and proper. If i was you i would not state anything about the back end sliding out. The cop will 99% sure not show up from either county/township. Thus if your allowed to say your story the judge will 90% most likely dismiss it.

If you get a court date assigned get an attorney and fight it. You will most likely win as the cop in question was out of his area, in plain clothes, did not identify himself, and committed conduct unbecoming an officer. I've been thru this same style of case more than once. Keep a cool head, don't show your anger or contempt for the officer, and always identify the officer as "sir" or "officer." If it does go to court... ask your attorney about mental anguish caused by a person doing a possible car jacking or theft situation. After all for all you new it was an impersonator and the way he spoke to you really truly hurt/scared/scarred your inner sole.

Best advice i can give you as it's worked for me more than you'll ever believe. The clean record/being a father/buying an AWD 4 door/etc are points in your favor... use them wisely or let the lawyer use them.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Plead not guilty and fight it.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Get a lawyer and plead not guilty. If you have a clean driving record he'll probably get it thrown out no problem. The odds of both cops showing up to plead their sides are pretty slim as well so, eventhough it's a huge pain in the *** I don't think you have much to worry about.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

This entire experience has given me a sour taste in my mouth twords the irrational thinking in this area about sport compacts in general. As I said before I run a club...pretty tight group of people and we all agree on rules that are the foundation of the club...one of which is no driving in a reckless manner. Round Lake seems to leave people alone...other then fix it tickets...but Gurnee and Waukegan has had it out for people like us just because of the younger crowd that likes to screw around. Now I understand that not ALL of the younger kids do that...but a good majority do. I'm tired of being profiled as a young kid that doesn't know what he is doing. I'm 31...have a kid...and I know how to drive. I might look like I'm mid 20's but I sure am not. I am seriously considering selling my EVO and letting go of a MAJOR passion of mine for the last 12 years. I have dreamed of owning an Evo for YEARS...now that I have one...I'm begining to think it's a bad thing because of the attention it pulls twords me...the wrong kind!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

I second Boeturbolancer's advice. It's a PITA, but what can you do? Gotta fight it in court. I guess I'll have to remember to be on my best behavior the next time I go up north ...

Instead of selling the Evo, I'd just move to a more Evo friendly hood.

l8r)
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Instead of selling the Evo, I'd just move to a more Evo friendly hood.

l8r)
I would...trust me I want out of here...but the problem is I have a daughter and I won't just pick up and move away from her...so it makes it REALLY hard
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt let one bad expierence change anything ... You know you did not do anything bad, they have no case. just plea not guilty and fight it
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

That is ****ing stupid as hell, just get a lawyer and destroy them in court...you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: This F'n blows...I need some help please