Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This F'n blows...I need some help please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by metaphysical; Sep 23, 2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

That case shouldn't have ever gotten to court.

It's too bad there are so many power hungry, dimwitted a$$holes that manage to get on to the police force. There are loads of professional police officers out there that are reasonable and intelligent. This guy should have his badge removed and stuck behind a desk. He gives cops a bad name.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dragon41673
UPDATE!!!

Well...I talked to a few people and took advice, I went out to hire a lawyer. The first guy on the list...turns out is the best guy...but represents Waukegan cops! LOL Figures...but I presented him with all the info...he asked if I had the cops name, said no but gave hima description. He says "That's officer Hakim (pronounced Ha-Keem)...he's a REAL @$$ hole! I'd love to take this case but because I represent Waukegan, if he was to show up I would have to drop out of the case and have another lawyer brought in, but I would REALLY like to persue this so I will refer you to a collegue of mine David Del Re". So I say thanks...and go see David.

I get to Davids place, he's really cool...listens to me...loves my car! LOL I tell him what went on, full description of everything that happend. He comes out with "Sounds like Officer Hakim, he's a real @$$ hole!" So I start laughing my @$$ off...tell him that's what Chuck Smith said...he laughs and says "No one likes this guy, he's very well known for starting trouble". So he takes the case and I drop $350 into his hands. Give him a pic of my car and the write up I did that explained everything.

Well court was today. My dad insisted he come with. We show up...and guess what, my Dad knows the prosecutor from High School and is GOOD friends with him. They talk for a while...shoot the ****...my dad is asked about me and what kind of record I have and what all I am doing there. He explains it...I hear Hakims name mentioned along with "that jack @$$" all in the same sentence...and then I hear "Don't worry...this will be short". No sign of Officer Hakim...but the Gurnee cops walks in...I'm like "Damn it!". My lawyer David shows up with a file about 1 1/2" thick that he said was "research". He did some background checks on my car, what it was capable of, and stuff on this jack @$$ officer Hakim from Waukegan. He goes to say hi to the Prosecutor they talk for a little, I hear Hakims name mentioned, asks if I have any record at all (spotless record thank you!). My name is called...I approach the bench...Prosecutor says..."Your honor, this violation was from a third party witness that is not present, we ask that all charges are dropped" (now keep in mind this is the guy that is SUPPOSED to be trying to nail me for the ticket). Judge looks at him for a second...looks at my Lawyer...and says..."Ok...dismissed!" At this point I'm like....WTF just happend...take my DL and go! LOL

Later on in the day...my friend that used to work at that court house that knew what was going on because I told him text's me with..."He didn't show did he? LOL" So I call him and ask if he did anything....he said "I can't comment on that" So I say "Thanks bro...I owe you BIG time!"

Thank god for friends, Dad's with connections, and Lawyers!!!
Good for you. I think you could have walked away with no lawyer and saved $350. Bottom line is the ticketing cop did not witness. my .02
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

It's a small world. Good thing it worked out to your advantage.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Good to hear my man!
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

In edmonton, Alberta (Canada) there is a law for 'breaking the rear tires loose', its called 'stunting' here and we will get in deep **** and huge fines for that one. :P
Old Sep 24, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, dont sell your evo over something like this. You know you'll regret and you know you're just upset. Its a bs story. Fight it. You'll come out with at worst a fine of like 100 bucks. Your case will be thrown out when you bring up your clean driving record. Trust me.