Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worst salesman/dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"hold up. this happened in march and you're just posting this NOW? damn. remind me to never get on your bad side."

Purecoda,
---As you can see, I gave them more than ample time to refund my money.

Yeah and I held it in for so long. I do feel better letting out. Hopefully it will teach others not to go there and possibly get shafted.

"File a complaint...

Pierre Gagnon
President
Mitsubishi Motors
MMCA
PO Box 6014
Cypress Ca 90630
pgagnon@mmsa.com"

--Thanks abalto..... I did file a complaint and have a case number. Good info to give out to everyone else who has experienced any wrong doing by a dealership.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Try Freehold Mits.

Its on Rt 9... Freehold Nj.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:54 PM

Let us know the results of that complaint - - In the car business, sometimes good ethics is the exception rather than the rule, unfortunately.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:07 PM

Here you go...more info.

Contact Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America (MMSA)

Contact the Customer Relations Department at Mitsubishi Motors at 1-888-MITSU-2002.

Pierre Gagnon, the president and CEO of Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America: pgagnon@mmsa.com

Greg, O'Neill, the president / COO of Sales Division, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America: goneill@mmsa.com

Head of Customer Service ppetrovich@mmsa.com - Cell Phone 1-714-816-2452

Monica Lewis - Manager, Corporate Communications MLewis@mmsa.com

AMadjeski@mmsa.com
amarbury@mmsa.com
schneider@mmsa.com
bart@mmsa.com
CGeil@mmsa.com
cmoore@mmsa.com
CRoss@mmsa.com
CSprole@MMSA.com
dbetian@mmsa.com
dhenry@mmsa.com
DJones@mmsa.com
dolin@mmsa.com
dwalter@mmsa.com
hthomas@mmsa.com
Hudson.Audio@mmsa.com
jcovington@mmsa.com
jdearie@mmsa.com
jdelello@mmsa.com
jfountain@mmsa.com
jlittle@mmsa.com
jlm@mmsa.com
jshaffer@mmsa.com
jsun@mmsa.com
jwilliams@mmsa.com
kcuster@mmsa.com
kdobbins@mmsa.com
lchick@mmsa.com
LRayner@MMSA.com
Lwu@mmsa.com
mfernwalt@mmsa.com
mkezsely@mmsa.com
mlewis@mmsa.com
MTanimoto@mmsa.com
nmilton@mmsa.com
rbarlow@mmsa.com
SGentry@mmsa.com
smcneal@mmsa.com
sysop@MMSA.com
tarrington@mmsa.com
tneal@mmsa.com
tromero@mmsa.com

Send a message to ALL of them!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I had an absolutely awful experience at Charleston Mitsubishi, in south carolina... these guys were awful! I bought the car in SC and Not in CA where i was moving in two weeks because i would skip out on paying big taxes on the car purchase, and also was promised the best service anywhere in the country from them, which included in the the cost of the car, prompt shipping to CA. I had the car one week in charleston after they forced me to immediately remove it off the the lot ( tricky them, this comes into play later). I had told them, the car is mine when i have it in my possesion in CA as part of the deal. During negotiations, the salesmen asked me for a 100 dollar bribe.. i stupidly gave him 50 for helping me on the price, which was still way over what i should have paid for the car in its condition( i didnt notice the crazy paint chips, damaged body parts all over the car) other then physical aspects the engine was in very good shape. After 6 weeks of waiting in CA for the car to be shipped, and constant bugging.. and gaurantees that the car will be shipped out immediately I STILL HAVE NO EVO!... meanwhile im paying insurance, and car payments on it, while its sitting in the hot charleston sun, outside.

So finally we have had enough, they didnt come through on their part of the deal so i want out! They refuse to let me out of the deal saying i took possesion of the car, after they forced me to take it off the lot and bring it back to them a week later. They also offer me nothing in return. we had valued the cost of the shipping at 900 +300 for insurance, the reason it was not shipped out is becuase they were trying to get extra money by using a truck broker and shipping it out for like 600 ( after they ripped me on the car as well) I called and within 1 hour had an appointment set up for less then the price we aggreed upon and garunteed to me withing 10 days! I spent about 20 hours on the phone trying to have this resolved, and it was simply because THEY WERE CHEAP. I logged complaints to mitsubishi before everything on teh phone went down with them, telling of the bribery involved... i am not sure what happened but the whole sales floor and manager were gone shortly after.

For the price i paid for the used evo in charlston, i could have had a brand new one here in CA.

Last edited by bdking57; Aug 31, 2004 at 08:17 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Stay away from Stohlman Mitsubishi in Vienna, VA.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Kuettner Mitsu in Brookfield/Waukesha, WI. There sales dept are a bunch ***-hats.

First time I went in there (this is the mid part of last summer, right in the middle of the '03 run) I got the "Can I help you?", "Yes I'm interested in getting an Evo.", Salesman chuckled, turned his back and walked off.

Second time I went in there (I still have no idea why I went back), I talked to a different guy... "Can I help you?", "Yes do you have any Evo's without a sunroof?", "No, we ordered all of ours with the sunroof and leather.", "With leather?!?", "Yes, every evo we have sold has had sunroof and leather, we've found that that is what the typical Evo buyer wants.", "I don't think I'm interested anymore, thanks!".

I have heard that they recently went under new management, I haven't been back to see if they've improved at all. I ended up getting my car from Madison, a very nice sales team.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 06:49 AM

Hey bdking57,

If your really living near Laguna Seca, which is 10 mins from where I used to live, thats kinda cool. As you may know Salinas is not a particularly rich area most of the people who have money would rather drive trucks. And the ricers cannot afford one by any means. As such, it might have been worth it for you to check with Cardinale Mitsubishi in Salinas. I will not claim that their sales team is top notch, or even straight as an arrow but heres the deal. I was over there in April and they had two EVO`s on the lot. I was told that they had been there for a long time and that the two were their original and only allotment for the 2004`s because they had not sold. They were Red and Silver, with sunroofs. They could not sell em at all. They were on sale that weekend for 27,600 or so. The guy even tried to get me to trade in my bros car for one, even after he found out it was my bros.

If it is just price you are after, anyone in the SF or SJ area might want to check em out. But if you wanted to be treated fair and well, as the signs posted all over Salinas say, "Cardinale automotive, buyer beware." Everyone I know, including me, know people that have been ****ed at all of their dealerships...
Old Sep 2, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s2kguy
Try Freehold Mits.

Its on Rt 9... Freehold Nj.

Did you purchase from there?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that Pierre Gagnon dude left Mitsu a year ago.