Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worst salesman/dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst salesman/dealer experience

I wanted to share the worst experience I’ve ever had with a new car dealership. On March 26th 2004, I walked into Maywood Mitsubishi of New Jersey with the intent of purchasing a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. I happened to get a salesman named Anil Johari. He seemed pretty helpful and answered all my questions and even let me testdrive an Evo. We agreed on a price and I said I would need one more night to fully think about it and talk it over with my wife. The next day, I call up Anil and decide to give him my credit card number so that I can put a $100 deposit on the car. He stated and it was also printed on the contract that it was FULLY REFUNDABLE based on the satisfaction of the customer. If I didn’t want to go through with the deal I would be entitled to a full refund of my deposit.

About a week later I change my mind and decide to get my deposit back. I changed my mind for two reasons: 1. I found out my wife is pregnant and 2. I heard of the possible arrival of the MR. I call up Anil and request that they refund the $100 that was charged to my credit card. Anil said, “not a problem, I’ll do it and the credit back to your card should show up by the end of the week.” A week went by nothing, two weeks nothing. Weeks turned into months, until I finally just disputed it with my credit card company. Every week I would call him and he said he would take care of it. I was ready to go down there to talk to the sales manager or owner (also a major *****) but was advised not to do so by my wife, attorney friends and law enforcement buddies of mine (leave it up to your imagination what might of happened). I know it’s only $100 but I work damn hard for my money and I thought there was a certain level of trust between Anil/Maywood Mitsubishi and I. Eventually, I got the $100 back from my credit card company, but that is not what I wanted. I wanted the $100 back from Anil and Maywood Mitsubishi based on principle.

I also wanted to inform all of you that were possibly thinking of buying from them. I would not recommend them at all. Shady salespeople, shady owner, shady dealership. And to think, I recommended him to a few friends and forum buddies. I will never ever go back there again!!! F@*K U Maywood Mitsubishi!!!!!

Sorry, for the long rant, but I had to get it out.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Stay Away From Any Courtesy Dealership In Las Vegas...... You Will Regret It.

They Are Evil.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I had that happen where I paid a deposit via check, and it took 2 weeks of constant naggin to cut me a check back. I will never place a deposit for a car again. I didn't for my EVO. I told them, if it sells- it sells.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:27 PM

I agree with brown...........
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

i'm also with both brown&evoguy.vegas dealers suck
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks dude. id kick him in the ***** and tell em to take my $100 and see a doctor to make sure they are ok. heh heh thats just me. its a game they trying to play with u in every dealership, the car will be gone by the time u come back if u dont get it now. if u ask em, if i decide to kick ur ***** and i dont kick em now do u think ur ***** would be there when i come back the next day to kick ur *****? i dont have the ***** festish or anything, people.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

^Naruto!^ I love that show! Sorry.

Last edited by Evo_dude; Aug 31, 2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno where Maywood is, but you might want to check out Ramsey, if that's anywhere near you in jersey, I'm dealing with them now in negotiating terms for my '05
Old Aug 31, 2004, 05:59 PM

waawaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately, Maywood is part of the Ramsey Auto Group. When they were trying to locate a car for me, they would check stock at Ramsey first. I will most likely try to get one out of state somewhere if I can't find a decent dealership around NJ/NY.

Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
I dunno where Maywood is, but you might want to check out Ramsey, if that's anywhere near you in jersey, I'm dealing with them now in negotiating terms for my '05
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Believe me, I was ready to pull into their driveway, but my wife calmed me down. Thanks for the laugh dude

Originally Posted by racerxl99
that sucks dude. id kick him in the ***** and tell em to take my $100 and see a doctor to make sure they are ok. heh heh thats just me. its a game they trying to play with u in every dealership, the car will be gone by the time u come back if u dont get it now. if u ask em, if i decide to kick ur ***** and i dont kick em now do u think ur ***** would be there when i come back the next day to kick ur *****? i dont have the ***** festish or anything, people.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

hold up. this happened in march and you're just posting this NOW? damn. remind me to never get on your bad side.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I've searched around the northern/central jersey area and most of them were clueless. I talked to totowa mitsu dealership and I had to explain the difference between the RS/GSR/MR to the sales rep. When I called up some dealership in South or Perth Amboy, they kept denying that there was going to be an '05 evo. I also talked to Bell and some mitsu dealership on 22, but they kept throwing up $3-4k markups on their '04s and I decided against going with them. Ramsey was the only knowledgeable and reasonable dealership I ran into. If you find a good deal in jerz, post it up.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:34 PM

File a complaint or better yet e-mail the President of Mitsubishi Motors directly!

Pierre Gagnon
President
Mitsubishi Motors
MMCA
PO Box 6014
Cypress Ca 90630
pgagnon@mmsa.com

These idiot car dealers continue to treat people like this and they wonder why the market has changed so much. This is one reason why when you cannot get a great deal on the car you want...WALK! Make them sweat and work them against one another. Insist on paying invoice and no more. Hearing stories like this is one reason why I want a nice low mileage EVO. These dealers are uneducated idiots.

FYI...Lancer EVO sales are flat. Local dealers have up to a dozen 2004s on the lot. No one should be paying anymore than invoice for a 2004 or 2005 at this point. The MR may command a little higher price, maybe MSRP but most certainly no more period!

Last edited by abalto; Aug 31, 2004 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Worst salesman/dealer experience