Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will the '03 EVO be a collector car in the future?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2004, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like the people that have them say yes, and the ones who don't say no.. People aticipating the MR say only the MR will be. Interesting. Actually, not it's not, it's completely expected here.

Like was said above; any car will be a collectors item ~20 years from now. The evo is special and great, but not that special; MR included. Keep it nice and wait and see.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:58 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by siantjab
The evo is special and great, but not that special; MR included. Keep it nice and wait and see.
Bah. Drive it, enjoy it, and let someone else worry about making a few bucks by stuffing it in a barn somewhere for 20 years. Seeing a 10 year old car with 2000 miles on it practically offends me. Drive!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

No it wont, why would it be? here is a 03 evo, 04 evo (with more features), 05 evo (Even more features), and the Evo MR (Limited production 6 speed). Funny thing is they are ALL Evo 8's. Lol.

BTW for the people who dont keep up with the MR, it is coming, mine will be here in a little under 2 months.

Last edited by Outlaw; Sep 1, 2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

No doubt! Definately drive it!! Don't just park it and let it collect dust.. that would be utterly useless.

I would however encourage taking car of it. Wax it, clean it, maintain it, etc.. So that it maintains it's highest possible value.

If it ends up being a collectors item, cool!! But don't start counting your eggs before they hatch.

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Bah. Drive it, enjoy it, and let someone else worry about making a few bucks by stuffing it in a barn somewhere for 20 years. Seeing a 10 year old car with 2000 miles on it practically offends me. Drive!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure it will come.. but it won't be anymore of a collectors item for some badging, shocks, and a 6 speed.

And don't start spouting about the aluminum this and that.. It looks like they will all be getting that stuff; along with everything else the MR has (except the things mentioned above).

Will still be a nice car though; don't get me wrong! And, like I said in your other post, I hope it's all you hope it is. From what I've been reading in the preliminary reviews it's not though.. According to the newest reports from magazines it didn't loose 300 Lbs, or have any more real HP than the GSR/RS.

Best of luck though!!! Make sure to post pics!!

Originally Posted by Outlaw
BTW for the people who dont keep up with the MR, it is coming, mine will be here in a little under 2 months.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

hope so
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by siantjab
I'm sure it will come.. but it won't be anymore of a collectors item for some badging, shocks, and a 6 speed.

And don't start spouting about the aluminum this and that.. It looks like they will all be getting that stuff; along with everything else the MR has (except the things mentioned above).

Will still be a nice car though; don't get me wrong! And, like I said in your other post, I hope it's all you hope it is. From what I've been reading in the preliminary reviews it's not though.. According to the newest reports from magazines it didn't loose 300 Lbs, or have any more real HP than the GSR/RS.

Best of luck though!!! Make sure to post pics!!
Ok let me set you straight, after this I better not hear a peep out of you ever again in regards to why I want the MR.

A) It has a 6 speed...

B) It has a 6 speed...

C) It has a god damn 6 speed...

D) It comes with BBS wheels...

D) It comes with BBS Wheels...

E) It comes with god damn BBS Wheels...

F) It comes in the badass gray color...

G) It comes in the badass gray color...

H) It comes in the god damn badass gray color...

Those are basically the only reasons why I want this car. I dont care about the lost weight, I dont care about the blistein suspension crap, I dont care about what power it may or may not have or any added advantage. I know what the MR and the 05 Evo's are getting and I am choosing the MR mainly for the Color, the Wheels, and the 6speed. Ive always wanted a 6 speed car, I love BBS wheels and I wont need to go out and buy BBS wheels now, I love the ****ing color.

Do you understand this? I cannot make it any more clear to you or anyone else... Ive been waiting for this car since it was still in development in japan. I knew it was gonna come but I couldnt prove it... Stay off my back.

Only reason why i said it stands a better chance of being a collector's item is because 90% of all collector's items are limited production or rare items. Not mass produced.

Do you understand this? I cannot make it any more clear to you or anyone else.

It doesnt matter what this car comes with or not, with the amount of money I plan on putting into it, it wont ****ing matter what hp it came with stock or what nifty suspension it came with either. Its all going away... Im gonna do the same thing as all other evo owners, mod the **** out of it.

I think I basically made my point, now please, drop it.

EDIT: I apologize if I sound a little harsh on the matter, but I dont like being confused with the people who think this car is some GREAT improvement in horse power, weight reduct, and everything else. I know the exact stats and parts of everything it will be coming with, Unlike alot of people who just throw in these stupid rumors...Its a nice addition thats about it. I just want my 6 speed.

Last edited by Outlaw; Sep 1, 2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

^^ I'll definately leave you alone Outlaw.. You seem to have a complex about that car. Either that or your just a bitter person. I've seen you screaming at everyone that even dares to not taught the allmighty MR around you!! Relax allready! I did my best not to come off as harsh or condescending; unlike you. BTW, the edit at the bottom means nothing after the crap you spewed above it.

The only statement I can't leave alone is the "because 90% of all collector's items are limited production or rare items." We have ZERO proof that this car is at all limited; and don't think for a second Mitsu won't ramp up production if they start selling.

I don't know how many times I can say, "I hope it's everything you expect it to be."

Anyway, peace out.. Enjoy your world brutha!! I've gotta go home now.. My paultry, measly, little 03 GSR is waiting to take me home. Gawd I love evos!!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

It will depend on what you consider collectable. I think all the US Evos will ultimately enjoy the kind of value that most limited production, high power cars enjoy. Of course you may need to wait 20, 30 or even 40 years for that big payoff - assuming your car is still OEM pristine or completely restored.

The real trick will be finding a nice Evo that hasn't been bent, modded, raced, engine swapped, etc. after all that time. Or finding one that someone has lovingly and carefully put back to stock that hasn't been in a major wreck. Inexpensive performance cars tend to get "used up" by the market over time.