Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

defi D-gauge problems (HELP HELP)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReaverEVO
lol.....you basically had him move his line for no reason since theres no sensor...so whos the one who as you said and i quote" Man, you have no idea what you are talking about......The FPR line happens to be the easiest. But, there is a solenoid (FPS) also on that line. " SO WHOS THE ONE WHOS PROVEN THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT????? ........Maybe you should just read the forums since you really have no experience workin on cars!!(que 4ce fed's lying rants of all the high performance cars hes worked on)
Apparently you've never even looked at that line on an Evo. I even told him exactly where the solenoid is (which is in the middle of the vacuum line running from the intake manifold to the FPR). Good come back!

And please show me where I lied. I never said I have ever worked on any cars. So how can I be lying about "all the high performance cars" I've worked on? Grow up.

Last edited by 4ce fed; Sep 3, 2004 at 04:08 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
for some odd reason my boost gauge sits at 2 psi when the car is off. Would that mean my gauge is iff by 2 psi? I talked Adam at Z1 and he told me to check all the lines for kinks. I did and I didn't find any.
If you have a D-gauge, it's cause the calibration is off. Mechanical gauges, unlike their electrical counterparts, are a lot more sensitive. If they get bumped or damaged in shipping, you're pretty much screwed. FEDEX dropped my gauge twice (it came new in the box pointing at 10psi) until my vendor switched carriers, and I received it sitting at 0.

Once they're off, I think they're pretty much off for the rest of it's lifetime unless you send it back in. I'm probably going to go with electrical gauges soon - just haven't decided which one to go with.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

I personally picked my d-guage up from Rob (myevostore.com) We met up and it pointed exactly at zero and has worked pefectly so far. I assume it is calibrated right cause it shows vacuum exactly where it should be and the boost seems to be correct according to Al and myself
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is the finished product
Attached Thumbnails defi D-gauge problems (HELP HELP)-nightpic.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zstryder
If you have a D-gauge, it's cause the calibration is off. Mechanical gauges, unlike their electrical counterparts, are a lot more sensitive. If they get bumped or damaged in shipping, you're pretty much screwed. FEDEX dropped my gauge twice (it came new in the box pointing at 10psi) until my vendor switched carriers, and I received it sitting at 0.

Once they're off, I think they're pretty much off for the rest of it's lifetime unless you send it back in. I'm probably going to go with electrical gauges soon - just haven't decided which one to go with.
Thanks. I've had the guage for a while now, but I never noticed it sitting a 2 psi til about a month ago. I guess getting out while the car is running I never noticed it. When I first noticed it, the gauge didn't want to move when started. I'd start the car and then it would just stay at 2 psi, wven while in boost it wouldn't move. Something is definatlely wrong with it.