Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Too good to be true??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too good to be true??

I think I've seen this on ebay before but just seein what everyone else thinks. This is too good of a deal to pass up. I'd love a new evo but a used one for this price would be awesome. Think somethin is wrong with it? What a lovely blue and a free turbo timer as well Should I go for it if the price doesnt get too high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:33 PM

no reserve action...to early to tell, check back just before the end of the auction.

winston
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:34 PM

If it stays low i would say go for it... but be prepared to replace the clutch i bought a used one up here in alaska with 13k miles on it and its sitting in a transmission shop waiting to have a new clutchmaster put on it, after a week of my driveing it... the dealership is paying for about 3/4 of the cost but it almost cost me $1,400...

Just keep in mind, this is a rally inspired car... and its prob been driven like one for the first 12k miles of that cars life. Used can be a crap shoot.

Travis

fyi.. despite the clutch i still love mine
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

"We reserve the right to end this auction at any time for any reason and will not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure."

theyll pull it if the price isnt what the want. you for sure wont get it for anything under $24k.
i was watching ebay for a while before i got mine last friday from a friend of my roomates who just had to sell it for what he owed. i got lucky. other than that most sellers on ebay are pretty good and ebay covers cars up to 20k. plus you can always go thru an escrow site to ensure you dont get ripped off.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Dont Buy It check out my thread about the same Evo I was going to buy https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96315
Old Sep 2, 2004, 04:22 PM

FYI, There is another thread somewhere on this board about this car. Poster who knew the previous owner said it had some mechanical issues.

Brandon

edit: What he said above.

Last edited by speedmethod; Sep 2, 2004 at 04:23 PM. Reason: repost
Old Sep 2, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

It was me.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

newer tires too.. stock ones should have lasted a bit longer..
I'd stay away from used evo's. Too many drivetrain parts that can be messed up. you don't know what that car has been through.

and most mitsu shops won't warranty that car with an open air fillament and a turbo timer.