Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

An M3 Recklessly Driving Get's Me Pulled Over!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An M3 Recklessly Driving Get's Me Pulled Over!

Well, here's the story.

I'm on my way home from studying (yes, on a friday night). And it's about midnight and I'm going through downtown. I drive very conservatively downtown as there are tons of cops and lot's of drunk people to jump out infront of you. Well, at this stoplight a kid in an M3 pulls beside me. Of course I do absolutely nothing. Just stroll out, and he's cruising beside me. As Im begining to leave downtown (it's pretty small), I make a turn which I always stay on the throttle in for fun and he's right on my ***. He drops back a little. So as I make the last bend before the highway begins I hit it like I typically do because the road is completely straight, four lanes, zero trafffic and nowhere for someone to pull blindly out. I hit third and fourth and hit the brakes and coast. Yes, I was speeding, it wasn't anything absurd. The M3 was way back, I have no idea if he was trying to catch up or what (it was a mid 90's). If he was going to get on it, that road was the road he could speed on.

So, I'm doing right around the speed limit when I pull into the road that leads to my house. It's a two lane road with double lines in the middle, very bump, and about 100 places for people to pull out. Now, I know exactly where the cops are on this road and I'm figuring they're going to be there. I'm doing around 35-40, and all of a sudden he comes blazing behind me. I'm thinking, "oh god, I just want to go home." So, I figure he'll get the idea because I'm going right around what I thought was the speed limit, 35-40. He's riding my bumper, lights are in my freaking mirror. He then floor it past me (which I didn't understand why?), stays on the gas, runs a stop sign at around 70 . So what's next, well of course, Sirens! I pull over, she pulls behind me.

I give her my information. He then asks me to get out of the car, asks me about his car. Ask's me 10 questions about have I been drinking, tells me she think's I've been drinking, did I know that gentleman who ran the stopsign, was I racing him on this road, did I know how fast I was going. Then she makes me take a breathalizer after I told her that I don't drink (she really thought I was drunk). She then tells me I was going 25mph over the speedlimit on this road, which I wasn't, and I wasn't going to argue. She then rights me up for failure to obey posted traffic signs a non-moving zero point fine. It's $105 dollars. After she said that, I agreed, I told her I was speeding during parts of my trip home (two wrongs don't make a right), but I wasn't racing him and he was going at least twice as fast as me and then proceeded to run a stopsign (a 4 way stop sign nontheless). It could have been worse, I suppose I could have got clocked on the highway for 20 over which would have been expensive.

I even thought about explaing to her how much faster my car was than his and if I was racing how far ahead I would have been. Or even telling her how loud my car is at wide open throttle. I did mention the numbers on my car were for legal racing and that I'm quite capable of handling my car.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:20 PM

Gotta pay to play man, that sucks you got caught...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:26 PM

It really sucks, because I find myself driving very slow as it is. Now I'm really going to religated to going the speedlimit all the time. It seems that my car is too fast for public roads almost, there's nowhere to test the suspension or the cars power. So, I guess it's Autocross on sundays and that's it.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that .
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

i bet u that kid is gonna be all over the M3 forums saying he beat an evo. sorry u got caught for doing nothing but thats life.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

wtf? You didnt ask for her badge number? Why? I would have complained from one end of the earth to the next. Stupid cop needs to learn how to be a cop first off. You shouldnt have took that. Sry to hear but damn man. Get her badge number next time and make a complaint.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wtf... can't you fight this? this sounds like BS. did you ask tos ee the radar?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks you got busted stead of the M3 I hate that when cops acuse you of all sorts of stupid **** that isn't true.. (can you tell im talkin from lots of experience..) anyway sucks bout the fine but like you said could have been worse last speeding ticket I got was almost 300 :P
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:24 AM

The reason why I took the ticket is because
A) I didn't want to argue over a non-moving violation
B) Although I wasn't racing this guy or going 125mph, I'm sure at some point in the night I was going over the speedlimit, including on this road which is only a 25mph (and I was doing 35-40). This is why I was upset, because it was a 25, two lanes, a million places to turn out, people were sleeping out at the stadium, and he runs it doing 70+ and blowns through a stopsign and I get stopped. Then I get the hastle of a breathalizer, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what you wrote, it sounds like you were going past the speed limit when you got pulled over. I definitely would have been more defensive about it saying the M3 was harassing and following you on the whole ride home constantly trying to race you and that you were just minding your own business.