Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Colt Lives AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2002, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Colt Lives AGAIN!

They show a sneak peak of the new colt on
http://auto.ascii24.com . So far from what babelfish translates, there will be a 4 Wheel version of it. Don't know about the bower yet. Rumor is ther will ba an EVO Version. But time will tell...

"' The colt ' of the new model compact car it sells the Mitsubishi automobile on November 11th. According to information muscle price was decided recently and reservation incoming order was made to start.

1.3 When, also 1.5 liter car there are 3 types, it is the FF, as for 1.3 standard 104.3 ten thousand Yen, casual: 114.5 ten thousand Yen, elegance version: 129.5 ten thousand Yen. 1.5 Standard 116.3 ten thousand Yen, sport version: 143 ten thousand Yen, sport version X: 149.5 ten thousand Yen. The 4WD to be set respectively, 18 ten thousand increases in yen value.
Attached Thumbnails The Colt Lives AGAIN!-images667935.jpg  
Old Oct 28, 2002, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

wow mitsu must be really doin good....
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

The Colt will be the first new model produced with Daimler/Chrysler involvement. Look for this to be a very good car and don’t be surprised when you see it contesting WRC in the not to distant future.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Braf
The Colt will be the first new model produced with Daimler/Chrysler involvement. Look for this to be a very good car and don’t be surprised when you see it contesting WRC in the not to distant future.
Uuuhm, actually the Airtrek was the first model with DCX input, using their quality gate system

Really nice find shaft. I was looking for some pics of the Colt. Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I am kind of afraid that D/C might slow down the Rally involvment...will see!

Mr. AWD
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:52 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

What? No Pontiac comments yet?

That picture gives us a little better look at what the Evo 8 front end is gonna look like.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MrAWD

I am kind of afraid that D/C might slow down the Rally involvment...will see!

Mr. AWD
No worries. Stefan Joacoby, CEO for Europe made it clear that rallying is an integral part of and will remian so.
I'm sure the same applies for Japan, where rallying is also very popular.
There are even rumors the Colt may make it to the U.S., in the worst case as a Dodge badged car...
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evomk8

Uuuhm, actually the Airtrek was the first model with DCX input, using their quality gate system

Really nice find shaft. I was looking for some pics of the Colt. Thanks.
Yes, but Airtrek was already in progress. I think D/C was involved from start to finish on the Colt. Perhaps I have it wrong.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, but Airtrek was already in progress. I think D/C was involved from start to finish on the Colt. Perhaps I have it wrong.
Yer prbably right, I think DCX only had input at the manufacturing level.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

That grille doesn't seem to be part of the bumper like the Evo's though. Looks similar to the current US Lancer bumper in that it's prolly attached as a separate piece to the hood (if not bolted on top of the bumper but still swappable/removable).
Old Oct 30, 2002, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

what motor is going to be powering this car? i'd like to see a HB mitsu battle on the dirt tracks against the Peugots that would be sick...i wanna find out what motor is under this car so we can plan ahead for research on compatabilities with motor swaps either into a mirage or the new 02 lancers here in the US...interesting...i cant wait to read more about this.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Colt engine

Originally posted by DriftRunSir
what motor is going to be powering this car? i'd like to see a HB mitsu battle on the dirt tracks against the Peugots that would be sick...i wanna find out what motor is under this car so we can plan ahead for research on compatabilities with motor swaps either into a mirage or the new 02 lancers here in the US...interesting...i cant wait to read more about this.
The CZ2 concept was powered by a 1.3l VVT (variable valve timing engine).
It's unclear whether the Colt will fearture a new VVT engine line (updated MIVEC?) or simply a GDI engine.
What is known is that the car will be powered by engines ranging from 1.3l to 1.5l (the CZ3 had a 1.5l GDI-Turbo).

Last edited by evomk8; Oct 30, 2002 at 09:09 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2002, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

The Colt will be released on November 11th in Japan.
Hopefully this will give us a better idea of the direction is heading in... for both design and engine technology.
Old Oct 31, 2002, 12:16 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi's press release today:
Tokyo, October 31, 2002-Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is set to raise the bar for customer-focused sales by allowing customers to add or delete equipment in line with their specific needs. By doing so, customers can reduce the price of their purchase or upgrade to the exact specifications they want. Dubbed Customer Free Choice (CFC), the new system will start with the Colt subcompact due to be launched on November 11, 2002.

"Till now, customers have been restricted to specification and equipment packages set out by the manufacturer. This meant they couldn't take out what they didn't want or add some things they may have wanted. Our customer free choice system breaks through this barrier by giving customers a virtual free hand in selecting trim and equipment combinations," said Eiji Iwakuni, head of domestic car sales and marketing at MMC.

With CFC, customers can make their own choice for everything from the engine and drive system to body and interior colors, seat types, and even in-car devices and equipment. By choosing exactly what they want, customers will not only be able to tailor their purchase to meet their own specific requirements, tastes, lifestyle, and budget, but also enjoy the whole purchasing experience through making more active decisions.

CFC represents a renewed effort within MMC to provide customers with the best possible service. "Our R&D, production, logistics, marketing, and IT departments are all working closely together to ensure customers will be able to tailor their purchase as easily as possible," added Iwakuni, underscoring MMC's new focus on cross-functional work.

MMC is now focusing on the turnaround of its domestic passenger car operations. A key target of reforms is to reach a leading position among automakers in terms of customer satisfaction by installing strict dealer standards and encouraging innovative sales practices. CFC is the first concrete step in realizing this.
I don't know if this will applicable to the Evo or not, but it sounds pretty good to me.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 08:50 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

It is now November 11th in Japan. The Colt is one funky looking vehicle. I just hope they don't use this ugly looking 4 door model as their base for the next gen WRC.

http://auto.ascii24.com/auto24/

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/i...0-03/0255.html

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/COLT/index.html