Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it possible to put the Diamante/Montero climate control

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible to put the Diamante/Montero climate control

I have seen the Montero looking climate control on EVO 7 with the Auto feature, so can I just switch those around from a montero? Also, will a digital climate control work on an EVO from a diamante?

I also found this EVO, Is that NAV or that Trip compuet w/compase from the Montero? Would that little display from the Montero even work on an EVO?
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

there have been many threads on the climate control issue, the general consensus is that it would be very difficult if at all possible. The problem resides in the fact that our HvAC systems are cable driven not electronic. You would need the entire system from one of those cars the remove yours and retro fit the Auto stuff. and yes That is nav. Some of the Euro Spec cars have specialty factory options depending on area. Having seen a polish mitsu catalog the can get replacement CF look interior accents, different pedals, Nav etc.etc.etc.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nemesis
the general consensus is that it would be very difficult if at all possible. .
So the best thing is pretty much leave it the way it is? Thats wierd, b/c the EVO 7 has the same ones like the montero and EVO 6 has the digital from Diamante
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

thats correct they do, i myself have wondered why mitsu did that, and then I realized that as Americans we seem to get the **** end of the stick on most imported vehicles. Its a shame. we lose out on all the good details of these cars. Specifically, No ACD AYC for two years, no MR for two years (after the evos inital release in '03) and when it gets here no blacked out lights, no black steering wheel, No Euro Badges, no satin black badges, on our cars. The details dammit.
Oh well....Back to the topic try searching I know a couple of people on here were trying that setup, not sure if it worked out though.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, my other concern was the window switch. The drivers window switch is the only lighted on, which is wierd, is there a way to put all the switches on the drivers door and all the passanger doors so they all illuminate??
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JaguarS4R
BTW, my other concern was the window switch. The drivers window switch is the only lighted on, which is wierd, is there a way to put all the switches on the drivers door and all the passanger doors so they all illuminate??
Anyone know about changing the window switches?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

You should be asking that question about the switches in a new thread.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

question: on the first picture, the climate control unit on the motero is electrical/automatic?

i thought montero sports are middle-priced SUV's....
Old Sep 14, 2004, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo sky
i thought montero sports are middle-priced SUV's....
Its not a Montero Sport. But instead, its a MONTERO/PAJERO
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

I think I remembered seeing other single din climate control units in other mitsubishi models (maybe an older mirage, older fto, etc etc) what im trying to say is im sure there are 1 din mechanic climate control units in some mitsubishi models... cant we just use those in our evo? all of them have the same functions (3 dials, one for fan position, one for fan strength (0,1,2,3,4), one for hotness/coldness), along with two buttons, one for AC on/off, another for defrost). Can someone chime in and give this brother some help? it'll be nice if we can find such a unit and confirm compatibility, put in in the lower cubby-hole, so that we can open up the space in the center console for a double din dvd player (i hate the 1 din slide out units)

thanks
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

i believe that my 94 galant ls had a 1 din setup.. cant remember since i got rid of the car a year or two ago
Old Sep 14, 2004, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kamokazi
i believe that my 94 galant ls had a 1 din setup.. cant remember since i got rid of the car a year or two ago
thats a start... thanks kamokazi

anybody else?