Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauge Pod light out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gauge Pod light out

Yesterday i noticed that my 3 right gauge pods on stock cluster (Fuel, Temp, Lancer) has no light. Driving in the dark and being low on fuel is going to suck. But any ways i tried taking out the custer and changing out the bulb but the bulb and the connector is one piece. So i take it i got to go to the dealer in order to get it replaced. "I wonder if they will make some sort of excuse and say that my boost gauge light shorted it out".............. that would really suck and the lights are $15.00 ea. oh and that they are the ones for installation
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:11 PM

happened to me too, should be under warrenty depending on your miles.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:42 AM

if its miles how many miles is it
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:42 AM

Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:44 AM

if a fuse then its 12k
Old Sep 9, 2004, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

my fuel/temp/lancer gauge went out as well......i sent it to the dealer and they told me that it was my fault because of an after market boost gauge i installed. Told them that i had that gauge installed days after i purchased the evo (i purchased it march 2003) and the lights just recently went out. To make the long story short the tech told me that it may take up to 4+hrs to replace the bulb and it may not be covered by warranty because i messed with the electronic....bunch of bs
Old Sep 9, 2004, 01:27 AM

yes it is bs and it does take 4hr it happened to me twice and had to leave my car over night once but unless the can prove that the installation of your boost guage was the specific cuase of the malfunction then thats all it is is bs. BTW and my car is still stock and the only reason that the replacement of the bulbs takes so freckin long is they dont stock the bulbs at the dealer and they have to get them delivered there.