Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Works BOV..Do you need one? Smart Choice, or a waste of money?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also have a blue GFB BOV for sale too with the add on trumpet for free. decided to get the MR BOV. there is nothing wrong the GFB. PM me or email me @ rredevo@yahoo.com.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by leonard_shelby
The stock Bov must indeed suck, after the GFB I poped the big pipe that connects the throttle body to the intercooler exit. Tighten it back down and wow, more of a difference then I expected, spool feels quicker and comes on / holds stronger. Again all seat of the pants.

But to give you an idea of my nature I've never felt that a K&N drop in filter made any vehicle I have ever owned feel any stronger... now splitfire plugs on the other .. woooooah.. j/k

P.S. I have another silver GFB for sale (long story)
I was thinking about getting the gfb too and sticking with the stock intake box with k&n drop in. Hows the psssssssssssst sound? loud or not? And where did you get it, how much? Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2004, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

is it true that mitsubishi can void the powertrain if you upgrade your bov? Thats what the guy who sold me the car said. I can only replace the same stock one if it ever needed to be replaced. As of now I cut the recirculation part of the stock bov off and made it an actually nonrecirculating bov and has that sound, can this void my warranty also? Because i really wanted an hks ssqbov but don wanna void my damn warranty. Mitsubishi's service sucks ***