Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question about driveline fluids?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Question about driveline fluids?

I recently read about changing the manual transaxle, transfer case, and rear differential fluids on the evo on a regular basis.

And then I go on to calling my dealer asking whether or not they do this everytime I go in for my Pit Pass, thinking that this is just common sense and they would do it anyway. Unfortunately, suprisingly they told me that they don't.......

So fuc* this really sucks .... I've been driving on the same fluids for 18k by now and I'm closing up to a year. The thing I want to know is ... exactly how bad is this for the car?

Thanks a lot guys .... I needa
Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since when do they need to be changed every 3-5k?????
Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

15K is the recomended interval for drivetrain fluids
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

It's the ACD that needs the frequent fluid change. The normal driveline and diff should be good for at least 15,000 miles.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

The pit pass are usually for oil change and the fluids for the drivetrain are expensive so they won't do that more that it is needed.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Evo
I recently read about changing the manual transaxle, transfer case, and rear differential fluids on the evo on a regular basis.

And then I go on to calling my dealer asking whether or not they do this everytime I go in for my Pit Pass, thinking that this is just common sense and they would do it anyway. Unfortunately, suprisingly they told me that they don't.......

So fuc* this really sucks .... I've been driving on the same fluids for 18k by now and I'm closing up to a year. The thing I want to know is ... exactly how bad is this for the car?

Thanks a lot guys .... I needa

You are fine. Have you raced it hard? Just go ahead and have the dealer change your trany and deff oil. I just got mine changed for the 2nd time since may.

Mhyar
Old Sep 7, 2004, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

To change the fluids it's really easy. I went over 25,000 before my first change. Not good at all, but now they are all changed and it drives sooooo much better.